What's new

Bakra vs Puretia - Should We Do Both?

Kidora

Jun 12, 2017
I am just curious whether anyone else is starting over and doing the Bakra zone since a lot of people were never able to access it. (Me, for one) I realize we can jump ahead to get closer to the level we left behind on the other server, but I want to see what I missed before. That being said, I was curious if there would be any reason to ALSO do the Puretia starter zones, other thank being able to also get the Slinking Squirrel companion - which is cute, by the way. Meanwhile I am really looking forward to getting my Faithful Hound companion from Bakra. :)

Thanks!

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Without the original storyline and content, Bakra is basically just there for sight seeing.

Kidora

Jun 12, 2017
Ok. I'm just asking to clarify. :p Will we still be able to complete the quests and dungeon bosses in Bakra to achieve the title and hound?

Moonfire

Apr 16, 2017
I started in Bakra, just because it had been so long since I'd been able to. Set a Transportation point for there,and then did some of Puretia. I basically flipped back and forth, as Puretia line gives much better gear, but I still wanted the Bakra achievement. It was fun and I'd do it again with little alts - just to do it :) (And also I'm not into the whole zombie thing lol)

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Ok. I'm just asking to clarify. :p Will we still be able to complete the quests and dungeon bosses in Bakra to achieve the title and hound?
Bakra just doesn't always drop items from mobs, only quest items.

Kidora

Jun 12, 2017
Thanks, Rangerwave! We started in Bakra but also doing Puretia.

We've really enjoyed the opportunity to run around Bakra, since it was never an option for us before since that zone was already closed when we first played DP in 2014.

Haildrake

Mar 31, 2017
OK for me I would like to keep Bakra because of 2 reasons. 1) In the story quests towards the End dungeon I found out that the you can obtain the "sky-hammer" shield from that quest which is unavailable if you play in Puretia ( as a ranger. idk about other classes). 2) While playing through the game to grab titles I went thru and did all the quests for the area and I personally found you interact with more enemy model types that will come into play for endgame dungeons and areas.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
OK for me I would like to keep Bakra because of 2 reasons. 1) In the story quests towards the End dungeon I found out that the you can obtain the "sky-hammer" shield from that quest which is unavailable if you play in Puretia ( as a ranger. idk about other classes). 2) While playing through the game to grab titles I went thru and did all the quests for the area and I personally found you interact with more enemy model types that will come into play for endgame dungeons and areas.
Bakra wasn't going to be removed; it will eventually be fixed up a bit.

Satuma isn't going to be re-added as a starter zone as Runewake screwed it up, so we will likely remake it entirely.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks