What's new

Suggestion Dragon Island

MystikStorm

Apr 3, 2017
The proposed idea is actually taken from another player that posted on the EU server, I loved the idea and have taken parts and also added some ideas of my own and brought them forward to see what is thought about it..

The idea is, to make the island kinda like a when entering an apartment, where once you enter your name you enter your dragon island where your dragons are free roaming allowing you to then interact with them.

An Island where you can choose dragons from your chamber, they will be placed in the islands where they can freely walk and fly around. Possibly need to limit the dragons to maybe 5 per person

The game is DRAGONS prophet, so instead of having dragons you bought, caught, or hatched hiding in your chamber, a possible option to place them somewhere!

Roaming dragons (like in wild)
Imagine, all the dragons you caught, bought or hatched sitting there in a grey space, basically just waiting to be taken out again, this feature would allow not only the creative under us to make the best amazing looking islands...

Friendship between dragons & owner.

Being able to interact with your dragons (grooming, feeding, petting etc) to increase friendship for possible reward.

Dragon interacting:
  • They run up to the player to greet them on entering the island
  • Dragons interacting with each other
  • Sleep and dance
  • Drink & Eat (doesn't need to be actually drinking and eating)
  • Dragons walking up to things and interacting with it such as scratching trees

Purchase of the Dragon Island could be similar to the Secret Apartment Blueprints, either with Diamonds or Dragon Insignias

Upvote 0

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
This is not something we can easily add to the game, but is something I would like to look into as it would add back some personality and customization.

If you look in Arteicia you can see that I've added the "Dragons of the Month" to the bridge outside of the Arena Manager, and have added the eating and sleeping animations for them. I also have some seekers walking around on patrol to see how that works. The way that NPC's work is that these actions are hard coded into each NPC, so I don't know that we can script them to random variables or actions to the extent requested in the OP.

Something that may be possible is doing furniture similar to the statue pedestal used to display your dragons on your housing plot, which would set animation that it would be used. Examples would be a bed or nest where they would go lie down, a haunch of meat that they would go to eat, a training dummy that they can attack.

As far as coming to greet a player, I'm not sure how likely that is, nor do I know how likely it is to make them interact with each other.

I don't know if this would be done as a whole new "island", a subset of apartment (allowing an apartment or house), or as furniture for housing.

MystikStorm

Apr 3, 2017
Thank you very much Seiichi for looking into it.

Yes I have seen the dragons in Artecia and they look really cool.

Even if you cant do the island, Just what you said there about the furniture still sounds good
and would be something nice to look at.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future. :)

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Thank you very much Seiichi for looking into it.

Yes I have seen the dragons in Artecia and they look really cool.

Even if you cant do the island, Just what you said there about the furniture still sounds good
and would be something nice to look at.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future. :)

The cheaper solution would be to do furniture on pre-existing plots, and link scripts to the dragons (basically you would choose what dragons would go where).

If we were to do Dragon Islands, it would add additional RAM overhead as I'm assuming we would have to basically copy the Secret Apartments, run additional copies. It also adds additional loading pages, which no one really wants to deal with.

I'll talk to Light about it, and see what is possible in theory, and then we can play with the concept from there.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
i like the concept Seiichi, could one of the pieces of furniture be a pool, so as they stand it looks like they are bathing?
That was something that I had in mind; we'll have to see what is actually possible as those were just some work-around concepts that may make this closer to reality.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
I talked to our developer about the concept, and what we're probably going to do is do the scripted furniture I said would be easier to implement, and then we will work on an actual Dragon Island.

If possible find some Sky Island apartments that you like that you think would look good for Dragon Housing.

This is likely not to be done for quite a while as it will be a lot of investigation and a lot of work, but it's something we both agreed we want to see in the game.

Kodawolf

Apr 3, 2017
omg.. awesome!!! Actually all Sky island apartments look the same don't they? so doesn't really matter which one is chosen.

Silkshoes

Sep 26, 2017
Oh My Goodness a dream come true. Myst,Koda, others & I talked about this Dragon Paradise for ages, so wonderful to think it may be with us in the near future.
Many Thanks to all of your team for the news.
:):) Silk <3

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks