How much would you pay for t-shirts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seiichi, Apr 25, 2017.

How much would you be willing to pay for merchandise?

1. $25 T-Shirt (+$5 Diamonds)

82.4%
  2. $30 T-Shirt (+$5 Diamonds)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. $35 T-Shirt ($10 Diamonds)

5.9%
  4. $35 Hoodie ($5 Diamonds)

29.4%
  5. $40 Hoodie ($10 Diamonds)

11.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Seiichi

Seiichi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Manager Moderator

To figure out what price point we should sell shirts at I figured I would make a poll to get feedback on those that are interested.

Please only real feedback.

We're thinking of going with TeeSpring, which is the cost of the merchandise + $3.99 shipping (+ $3.99 rushed shipping + $2 for each additional merchandise).

Our plan is to commission artwork from @Falhofnir and 22Rii, both of which are amazing artists, and then give them a portion of the profit from the sales of the shirts. Also depending on what kind of information is displayed in the control panel, we may include Diamonds with each purchase over a certain amount.

2. Seiichi

3. Haildrake

Haildrake Game Tester Game Tester

Hmm this is tough... I mean the hoodie for 35$ is a nice deal but the tee shirts are slightly pricey from what I usually see online for sale
    (Granted Ik your getting others to actually build the shirt and do the art work but still seems a bit high priced for a tee-shirt)

4. Seiichi

Most t-shirts are $21.99 on TeeSpring, with them just being text and not being custom illustrated artwork.

To make sure our artists aren't being taken advantage of I want to pay them a commission for the work (which pays for their time), then pay them essentially what becomes a royalty per shirt we sell.

5. newb

newb Junior Game Master Staff Member Junior Game Master Moderator Game Mentor Game Tester

Yeah, they need a higher price since they are not really selling the shirts in mass. Most companies make their profit off bulk sales with small returns each sale.

6. Haildrake

Haildrake Game Tester Game Tester

I'm not saying I don't understand wanting to pay the artist for their time or understanding that this isn't something that will be sold en mass by the bulk.
    What I'm saying is for the material your gonna use for the shirt and the art work that will be done upon it, it is pricey.
    Now personally the hoodies are priced perfectly and make sense because of how much material you'll get per square inch. Also that is the price range I see for decal type hoodies.
    Basically this is me saying " Eh, I probably won't see many people putting money down for T-shirts but I do for the hoodies".

7. Seiichi

Average cost of shirts on TeeSpring is $21.99 and most of that is just text supplied by TeeSpring. On average, commissioned art starts at $20 and goes upwards to $100 or more; in regards to selling products, most artists either would do so themselves or they take a portion of each sale.

So that means the network has to front the cost for whatever commissioned art there is and then account for the royalty towards the artist.

That said, I collect various shirts, and normally I pay about $25-27 per shirt direct from the artist and generally they're printed in small batches (50-100).

8. Vythika

Vythika Member

To be honest i didn't even notice some options said hoodie till after i voted xD

9. AlphaWulf

AlphaWulf Game Tester Game Tester

i would pay $15-20 for a tshirt honestly, i can have one made for cheap with a picture of my choosing if i wanted a DP shirt that badly

10. Seiichi

Reasons for prices are explained above.

Society6 | Affordable Art Prints, iPhone Cases and T-shirts - http://society6.com
    Uncommon designs by independent artists everywhere | Redbubble - http://redbubble.com
    Bitchin' - http://threadless.com
    Teespring - The best way to sell custom apparel online! - http://teespring.com

Those are the 4 biggest sites that handle the business side of printing and selling shirts (Top most are more expensive or give less profit, last two give the most profit or less expensive).

If we were able to buy 300+ shirts at a time, I know a merchandise company who would let us choose any number of sizes, any colors and includes full shirt prints. Problem is we would then need to handle shipping, support, and every other aspects and it is not cost efficient.

To make it worth selling shirts, a minimum of $10 needs to be made off each shirt, that way we can give 30% to the artists we are working with on top of the commission we are going to pay them.

11. AlphaWulf

AlphaWulf Game Tester Game Tester

fair point

12. Rceelilie

Rceelilie New Member

be very nice to have a DP T-shirt!

Rcee

13. Seiichi

14. Rceelilie

Rceelilie New Member

good job with the design!!

15. Seiichi

@Vipera is the one that designed it.

16. Vythika

Vythika Member

I officially hate Seiichi and Vipera now cause i want the zip hoodie, a t-shirt and trousers when i have money to get all 3 at once xD

.....my bank will be $129 lighter in a few weeks....that doesnt count dias etc xD

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  17. Seiichi

Vipera's bank will thank you <3.

18. Lalolalo9

Lalolalo9 New Member

Waiting for more designs :p

19. Seiichi

@Vipera is out of town until the end of the month but I know there were some other things she was interested in doing.

@heminyx had a few things done but may be busy at the moment.

@22RII has some other commissions right now but I will catch up with her soon.

I can always talk to @22RII and put the Lemon Drop back up again ;).

20. heminyx

heminyx New Member

Hey guys, I'm one of the artists working toward this so I thought I'd put what I've done so far here for you guys to see and critique, and tell me if there's anything you'd like to see on our shirts!

(The signatures and dates will be removed on shirt designs, they're only on these 'cause they're linked from my DeviantArt)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kidora likes this.