What's new

Guide Mild lag reduction

Motoko

Apr 20, 2017
Note: Back up DP_x64.exe and Config.ini just in case this does NOT work for you. I can not say for sure this will work for everyone, but it has been a semi-useful "fix" for a long time. Do note; you will still lag. This game lags. The RENA engine lags. But this should HOPEFULLY make it somewhat tolerable.

Make sure Memory Optimization is disabled in your game settings as well, this feature is broken and results in lag as well.

1. Go to your Game folder, in the ROOT folder, there should be Launcher, DP_x86, and DP_x64. You want to MOVE DP_x64 out of the folder. For some reason, this version of the executable lags worse than x86. I do not know why, but to my knowledge it always has.
  2. Go to Config.ini, open it in Notepad or Notepad++, and replace [Graphics] with the following:
[Graphics]
DoodadDensity = 0
LockedFps = 180
ObjVisibilityFactor = 0.500000
LightingQuality = 0
SSAO = 0
DoodadDistance = 0.000000
ShadowDistance = 1
ShadowDetail = 0
UnderWater = 0.000000
WorlObjDetail = 1
SkinFX = 0
SelectionQuality = 0
Glow = 1
Bloom = 1
CloudQuality = 1
FXAA = 0
LightingDistance = 2
ViewDistanceFactor = 0.250000
VisualQuality = 3
TemporalAA = 0
WorldObjDetail = 1
SkeletonDistanceFactor = 0.000000
Anisotropy = 0
MaxTextureLOD = 1
FXQuality = 0
DoodadShaderQuality = 1
OptimalDisplayArea = 2073600.000000
DOF = 0
VSync = 0
GraphicsQuality = 7
ShaderQuality = 1
ShadowQuality = 1
TerrainShaderQuality = 1
VolumeLightQuality = 0
HighDefinition = 0

This should provide a small boost in FPS, setting the draw distance to furthest also minimizes the amount of things you need to load every few meters and thus should be the default option for Draw Distance so objects don't load in and out repeatedly, resulting in choppy FPS. The game will lag when entering new zones due to having to load everything but should be somewhat smoother, and hopefully a tiny bit more tolerable.

Last edited:

PryzmDragon

May 21, 2017
Note: Back up DP_x64.exe and Config.ini just in case this does NOT work for you. I can not say for sure this will work for everyone, but it has been a semi-useful "fix" for a long time. Do note; you will still lag. This game lags. The RENA engine lags. But this should HOPEFULLY make it somewhat tolerable.

Make sure Memory Optimization is disabled in your game settings as well, this feature is broken and results in lag as well.

1. Go to your Game folder, in the ROOT folder, there should be Launcher, DP_x86, and DP_x64. You want to MOVE DP_x64 out of the folder. For some reason, this version of the executable lags worse than x86. I do not know why, but to my knowledge it always has.
  2. Go to Config.ini, open it in Notepad or Notepad++, and replace [Graphics] with the following:
[Graphics]
DoodadDensity = 0
LockedFps = 180
LightingQuality = 0
SSAO = 0
ShadowDistance = 1
ShadowDetail = 0
UnderWater = 0.000000
WorlObjDetail = 1
SkinFX = 0
SelectionQuality = 0
Glow = 1
Bloom = 1
CloudQuality = 1
FXAA = 0
LightingDistance = 2
VisualQuality = 3
TemporalAA = 0
WorldObjDetail = 1
Anisotropy = 0
MaxTextureLOD = 1
FXQuality = 0
DoodadShaderQuality = 1
DOF = 0
VSync = 0
GraphicsQuality = 7
ShaderQuality = 1
ShadowQuality = 1
TerrainShaderQuality = 1
VolumeLightQuality = 0
HighDefinition = 0

This should provide a small boost in FPS, setting the draw distance to furthest also minimizes the amount of things you need to load every few meters and thus should be the default option for Draw Distance so objects don't load in and out repeatedly, resulting in choppy FPS. The game will lag when entering new zones due to having to load everything but should be somewhat smoother, and hopefully a tiny bit more tolerable.
Thank you! :)

Vythika

May 2, 2017
I was just contemplating adding this as a note to the forum since i usually just tell people in game about removing the forced 64 version.

Motoko

Apr 20, 2017
I was just contemplating adding this as a note to the forum since i usually just tell people in game about removing the forced 64 version.

You can always link them to this thread, as sometimes just removing the .exe doesn't do it for them.

Vythika

May 2, 2017
Fair enough, i just knew everyone i told to remove it had an improvement by doing that alone.

Dryadia

Holiday Addict
Mar 13, 2017
Thank you. I'm going to give this a try...It's been really laggy lately, i have been dc'ing a lot also.
Today, i changed my in-game display settings to minimal, to see if it would help.

Vythika

May 2, 2017
I'd love for the whole text coming up when you enter a new town or area to be taken out cause i always get an fps hit when that appears and then it resets to normal after the text is finished.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
i know it's a in-game feature, and not sure it can be taken out, but the gold lettering the pop's up every time we go to new area and fades from screen, is it possible to take that out of game all together, i mean we do have the mini-map in lower right corner of screen to tell us where we are on the maps, and peep's use the M to pin-point the team , they are running with- i think it would help with the lag issue, and give a smoother running experience.....
So it is not the gold lettering that is lagging you, it is the fact that you're loading into a new area and it is rendering the background, the objects and the mobs that are located within that region.

That said, we can possibly look at making it an option, but it is unlikely to fix the FPS or lag issues and the location is shown on the minimap.

Vythika

May 2, 2017
For me its not so much an issue when its a zone loading cause that lag i expect. Its when i'm simply loading a town in a zone i've been in for a while and the text appears....thats the only time the fps drop bugs me.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
For me its not so much an issue when its a zone loading cause that lag i expect. Its when i'm simply loading a town in a zone i've been in for a while and the text appears....thats the only time the fps drop bugs me.
When the text loads, you are in a new area in a zone and that is when it loads backgrounds, objects and NPC.

Towns are smaller than most regions in the game, and have more objects, more detailed background and many more NPC in a small area so it is going to be more noticeable.

May 19, 2020

[Graphics]
DoodadDensity = 0
LockedFps = 180
LightingQuality = 0
SSAO = 0
ShadowDistance = 1
ShadowDetail = 0
UnderWater = 0.000000
WorlObjDetail = 1
SkinFX = 0
SelectionQuality = 0
Glow = 1
Bloom = 1
CloudQuality = 1
FXAA = 0
LightingDistance = 2
VisualQuality = 3
TemporalAA = 0
WorldObjDetail = 1
Anisotropy = 0
MaxTextureLOD = 1
FXQuality = 0
DoodadShaderQuality = 1
DOF = 0
VSync = 0
GraphicsQuality = 7
ShaderQuality = 1
ShadowQuality = 1
TerrainShaderQuality = 1
VolumeLightQuality = 0
HighDefinition = 0

My CP is lag. Thank you so much for this tip, friend.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks