What's new

An entire new wiki of this private server

Snake Pest

Just a little festive
May 13, 2020
hello, as i see this server has many dragons added in the game that no other kind of dragon's prophet or savage hunt kind of wiki has information of, i know there might be guides in this website but perhaps a wiki of this server would be nice? with all the new dragons, where to get them, all that jazz, and as for the unchanged information perhaps just looking at the wiki and taking the information from there?

i understand it is a huge thing to ask for and would take months to get most of the information in it but perhaps it could be done?

im just suggesting, if it doesnt happen then im glad someone even gave this post some attention

have a great day and thanks for reading my small post

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
We are planning on having a system similar to WoWHead (World of Warcraft: Shadowlands News) developed, which is arguably better than a Wiki as it would allow for better curation and authentication of data.

We just need to have the work done, and that requires having the funds available, and we are still waiting on getting paid by Xsolla.

Snake Pest

Just a little festive
May 13, 2020
We are planning on having a system similar to WoWHead (World of Warcraft: Shadowlands News) developed, which is arguably better than a Wiki as it would allow for better curation and authentication of data.

We just need to have the work done, and that requires having the funds available, and we are still waiting on getting paid by Xsolla.
Thank you for your attention seiichi, im so glad i came across a game mod/developer that gives their community so much attention

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
So because the web developer we were working with is busy until the end of the year due to a long-term contract with another client, we may just look at re-adding the integrated wiki system that we use to use.

I honestly would prefer a searchable database, as they're more modular but it's not something we can currently do on our own.

Snake Pest

Just a little festive
May 13, 2020
i was just bummed to see there are exclusive dragons added only to this private server and no way to find information about where or how to get them or if anything new gets added in the future since the only wiki we have is from the main DP (if i know right, which i might not be-)

its a bit hard finding information about exclusive dragons of this server since there isnt a way to just google them or something, going around and asking people seems to be the only way to figure out, which at the time did made me struggle a little, it doesnt have to be only a wiki of course, that was just what i could think about (excuse the smooth brain)

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
i was just bummed to see there are exclusive dragons added only to this private server and no way to find information about where or how to get them or if anything new gets added in the future since the only wiki we have is from the main DP (if i know right, which i might not be-)

its a bit hard finding information about exclusive dragons of this server since there isnt a way to just google them or something, going around and asking people seems to be the only way to figure out, which at the time did made me struggle a little, it doesnt have to be only a wiki of course, that was just what i could think about (excuse the smooth brain)
Wiki's are what most people are use to, but the issue is more a problem of getting things updated and added appropriately. You can use templates, but it's still teaching people how to use the templates and all that.

The searchable database is on the administrative side essentially a form builder that you separate into your own categories/groups, and provide the data to build pages. Players can then fill out the form and submit data, which goes through an approval queue, and then gets added to the database. It's a better way of showing data, and also is more user friendly for submitting new data.

I'll re-add the old wiki we had, and see if I still have the template/pages I was working on, and see about finding some people to help fill out information.

Ruhloser

May 13, 2020
There's actually a Forum post, where all dragons and how you can get them is explained (The creator also updates it if new dragons come out):

All the new dragons and how to get them.

in case you haven't seen it. I know its not a wiki, but its better than nothing.
German:
Ja Luatan , das sollte vorerst reichen als Information für die Spieler die schon auf dem Server sind oder zumindest im Forum sich angemeldet haben - Danke Heroine und weiter so , es hilft sehr ^^

Auf der anderen Seite wäre eine solche Übersicht im "normalen" Wiki sicherlich förderlich für neue Gamer ^^
Es wäre eine exclusive Werbung für DP ^^
Ich denke mal , das wenn einige ehemalige Gamer sehen , das DP im Wiki weiter gepflegt wird , wir wieder mehr Zulauf bekommen werden - das kann nur gut für DP sein ^^
Darum finde ich das Vorhaben von Seiichi sehr gut ^^

Englisch:
Yes Luatan, that should be enough for the time being as information for the players who are already on the server or at least have registered in the forum - Thanks Heroine and keep it up, it helps a lot ^^
On the other hand, such an overview in the "normal" wiki would certainly be beneficial for new gamers ^^
It would be an exclusive advertisement for DP ^^
I think that if some former gamers see that DP is being maintained in the wiki, we will get more traffic again - that can only be good for DP ^^
That's why I think Seiichi's project is very good ^^

LG Ruhloser ^^

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
I've installed a wiki system, and talked to Heroine about helping to fill it out. We'll also be recruiting some people to help if they want, and players can make submissions that are moderated.

The reason as to why we will not use the current DP wiki is that it was originally meant to be for NA/EU, and we purposely avoided adding Adept specific things so as to not dilute it's original purpose.

The wiki will be 'temporary', and eventually be replaced with the searchable database once we can work on that however.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
We're playing around with an alternative system that is a native solution to our forum software, though it is going to require some customization and some custom development to be more in line with what I am wanting.

The plan is still eventually to do something closer to World of Warcraft News and Guides (not just for DP, but in general), but for now this is a solution that should work.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks