Announcement Custom Titles!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Events' started by Seiichi, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Seiichi

Seiichi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

As announced in the latest maintenance, we have released the foundation for custom titles. To purchase a custom title you can go to the following link: https://adeptgamer.com/shop/dragons-prophet.1/shop#category8

The cost of the title is 2,000 Platinum, or $20. We may infrequently do sales, but I would not depend on them.

Rules for Titles
    • Titles cannot be overtly lewd or offensive. If the title is a bit tongue in cheek it will likely be approved. Rude or crass titles will be denied, and you will need to choose a different one.
    • Titles are limited to 50-64 characters.
    • You can have some symbols (Symbol), however they require approval and some may not work or be allowed.
      • If you request a symbol used for racism, or request a racist title that uses a symbol for a racist purpose you will be refunded lose access to getting a custom title. If you really annoy me you could potentially be banned.
      • Do not go over board on titles; they can be used for flair, or accent but it is unlikely that a pure symbol title will be allowed.
    What do Custom Titles entail?

When purchasing a custom title you will have the choice of what the name will be and also what the description will be (if no description is provided, we will just use "Custom title for <Forum Name>/<Player Name>".

Custom titles, like the Adept Supporter title, will also give increased stats in comparison to other titles (not enough to be overpowered, but enough to tease you). Custom titles have +20 to all stats, and +25 to Draconic Influence.

Why is it so expensive!?

I manually have to manually discuss/approve the title, create the title, test the title and delivery item, compile a new data set and send it to Light to prepare for the new patch and then I will need to hand deliver the item to each person. We could have gone a simpler route such as what EU did in the past... but I'd rather add the title directly to the game itself, rather than some database string replacement.

It's unfair that you're selling an overpowered title!

The title isn't overpowered; Draconic Influence potentially, but it just frees up people from having to switch their DI gear on when taming dragons. We are also giving every player who has been a part of the network before today the Adept Supporter title, which is just -10 stats worse than the custom title.

Can I buy more than one custom title?

Due to title stats stacking, we will not be selling more than one title per person right now. This is so that someone can't decide to drop $100 on titles and get +100 Stats + 125 DI, or more.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Dryadia, Silkshoes, Rustkin and 3 others like this.
  2. Loading...