What's new

[Demos] Sneek-Peeks of Unity3d + Dragons + VR

Cippman

Jan 5, 2018
Hi fellow Osirians,
(and I also wish you an happy international women's day)

Brief Introduction:
I'm Cippman and I'm here to share some of my Demos with dragons of DP with Unity. I really owe a lot to this game, not only for dragons (ok, mostly for them) but also for real people I met.
And as developer... this is my way to tribute it.

I'm not good with long speeches, presentations... so let the showcase begins:
Note: These actually are really old projects / demos (closed source and they won't receive updates).

Important:
- The following Demo applications are provided free as are without warranty of any kind, express or implied.

Showcase:
Lets start with a one-scene demo, with only a Skytouched (nicknamed Avian) Family Dragon:
4LjlBN1E8aP7r1a1GIXwbIEHJUybDT0nGn9F9G4vxT290S74i6uN2V6blV6RawBFPzHXJkgfco2i0KF5RHM2jOEYBjXaFCR82KElClZdZPeTJzaLPCpm0axRC7VIZJrXN2TuxrqCWsHXaboC3JKO7tX5-ZXvmwkmN8dqQSCdFUFafzCKzgkQ2Mjwsk5uc70P78vrGS2zcjd8r91pYCqJgkrjvKqkj1quqYKqeUZKTbrrpHIfWC46EzIWpP0XqooWLJmWZwCjrgSyMQhRtJr7UetQhEch3c176uorkEyf963a9_S1jZy4bQoUC1lj_uNZpTbz4P_2vjiFwLOHmzbuExTu-8NZspkx2yJRcx6RrSJMHPsHTzSh7tD-r24xHqQU2n9er4x614it6rBaiFqSjtI2KhwH256lUyZbCEAGSNzqABTwl_KIFQ0b-1hVvt_RoY_l5x3URW1DBlmKkGKEiVZ36rpIdPmYDjemZE5b0M7v2Dll3y7-9F_a4mCQn4UAQEL6ZOe9RccnT_Pk-aQ8_yxaN8cE7F6uaC1UP3PwOJ2bMX5xz_GJ0PLMcIR9hpzflUx6m96XWR1fO6Yy3xWlOxwMWOQe44cHnja1nvn_gagNjT0nKXuThWJQEyaUuNAMc0xOilVqWkbJCFPdU5t-dRVcVk4KgmOqVy3uaKqTHDD3Gom4B9a9UogfvNI=w1012-h880-no
Build
Build with VR support (HTC VIVE)
To launch this demo, follow these steps:
1) download the .7z archive
2) extract it
3) open the extracted folder
4) double click on the .exe file

Hbts6iOZ-btv0k7aJtH0tACVx3OXLb2iYjkVxHR4t0eYFWL7ustl_vr-QpdMrf25cDPH18YA-kvB-qgKmVidkbBNbYve2bUNB7rGc7c_s4_mV-akm9Z4Uwm974MqDX0wxPJf8QFEHfPD3zcPfAYvtidObiTNA8hghSNFgGtR_XwgP6C5r5z7bLzj3jD50OD2LDXpaPIXEibY9QAJu4smyNfrp6tNBw5aHytPa1rJH-8OeXg5SmBBk1O_2y6sneoQF9E0af_IAOglCLNnTMi-ppqPvCUw2Oa39ieJBsWaDfXg3v67IQm11lc-WP2PjYlwMyURx7zIbnNdB_fqLoIbh4Dq-m9uOZGKG80yd9UKl1X1CJ_QPsd9OZgRfkVOND0FSy6-RdnTECYSgrbvqT7bwPdOJcOLJOZVXVLt8Oof0vq2a4rEXnK-lyVUp1DPwHLM-n4_STipm-kt-9DG3pcBfD2bxgdo0cWDGo88JjLgNx6-HEa5WXl8DNYtS6udO-0iKiuxnn2XOsXY1Kw5-I7L21O3gY7Ekv-BrZktNF5CviV0dR2qYS97OfTYOmElhK-VbqXk4DcY_rOgo0tQ0xcC3okz5884HVnPgoPtbewAaH1U-gFUl8ZXPA7pg1EIFHRVDgDHYHJB767WkyIGEfQPkMKlMy9CHVd2e_44L6tGninJ8A4NB7up1d0bUeI=w1280-h721-no
"Usually you can met me in Nucleus of Time. Lets see us at Dragonheart Temple this time. See you." - Aynoria
Build (the build has also a VR support for HTC VIVE)
1) download the .rar archive
2) extract it
4) read the instructions (please don't miss this step)

Future Projects?
I don't know. Actually these was really time expensive to realize years ago...
No matter, if I'd like to do something new... once completed (or with development stopped) I'll share it.

full

full

full

And what about 3d printable dragons in your favourite animation pose? (Duskreaver Family - Roar - animation)
full

full

I hope you'd enjoy them.

Best Regards and Follow Your Destiny, see you all around Auratia
Cippman

Corv

Aug 19, 2020
Ha, I was just talking about 3D printing dragon models for the store a while back with some people in-game. (EDIT: As a fun, casual, non-super-serious ideas discussion and not something we necessarily expect for real. I only commented on this portion because it was kinda funny seeing a thread with models in it not long after we talked about making files and figures.)

Spelling aside, seeing the boss models up-close (and even moving) without them trying to kill you is pretty neat. There's lots of little details that you miss when you're playing the game, so this was a nice way to get a close look. In the talking demo, there seems to be a minor <1sec load freeze when the flying animation starts a new loop, so it kinda jitters when the wings are at their apex. Don't know if it's just me or not, but it seems to work about as well as one can expect from Unity.

This was cool. I like when people share the stuff they're been working on.

Last edited:

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Ha, I was just talking about 3D printing dragon models for the store a while back with some people in-game.

Spelling aside, seeing the boss models up-close (and even moving) without them trying to kill you is pretty neat. There's lots of little details that you miss when you're playing the game, so this was a nice way to get a close look. In the talking demo, there seems to be a minor <1sec load freeze when the flying animation starts a new loop, so it kinda jitters when the wings are at their apex. Don't know if it's just me or not, but it seems to work about as well as one can expect from Unity.

Aiden and I were going to look at preparing some files for people to self-print... the issue is that the models are a bit problematic, and we would have to overhaul a lot of them so that the prints came out properly.

May look at it again when we're less busy.

Cippman

Jan 5, 2018
there seems to be a minor <1sec load freeze when the flying animation starts a new loop, so it kinda jitters when the wings are at their apex
I know what you're talkin' about. I don't know if its a problem of the exported animations themselves or how the animations was made.
Do make them less hysterical I'd have to duplicate them and interploate them... for each loop animation considering that each specie / dragon model has more than 50-100 animations is insane. I'll look to do something procedural!

Ha, I was just talking about 3D printing dragon models for the store a while back with some people in-game. (EDIT: As a fun, casual, non-super-serious ideas discussion and not something we necessarily expect for real. I only commented on this portion because it was kinda funny seeing a thread with models in it not long after we talked about making files and figures.)
the issue is that the models are a bit problematic, and we would have to overhaul a lot of them so that the prints came out properly
Exporting models as .obj format from Unity its easy and they're already ready to be printed in pose, but even as Seiichi said, the trouble is that the 3d printed product... may'll have more or less large imperfections if its not properly prepared for the print.
For example the Duskreaver I printed has tattered wings and this was rawly printed. But I liked it, the result was better than I expected even if it was a 'risk'.
So it depends. Good model makers may also fix small imperfections later? What small imperfections are acceptable?
Maybe I'd be able to share something really small (one dragon, one scene...)

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
I know what you're talkin' about. I don't know if its a problem of the exported animations themselves or how the animations was made.
Do make them less hysterical I'd have to duplicate them and interploate them... for each loop animation considering that each specie / dragon model has more than 50-100 animations is insane. I'll look to do something procedural!

Exporting models as .obj format from Unity its easy and they're already ready to be printed in pose, but even as Seiichi said, the trouble is that the 3d printed product... may'll have more or less large imperfections if its not properly prepared for the print.
For example the Duskreaver I printed has tattered wings and this was rawly printed. But I liked it, the result was better than I expected even if it was a 'risk'.
So it depends. Good model makers may also fix small imperfections later? What small imperfections are acceptable?

The Dragon models as they are currently aren't suitable for 3D printing; they basically have to be rebuilt, and optimized for 3D printing. We were going to do a Runewake model, and I was going to paint it to look like Galactic Storm to preview when we released models for 3D printing, but it just had odd issues.

Aiden

The Sparkle Mom
Jan 13, 2018
The Dragon models as they are currently aren't suitable for 3D printing; they basically have to be rebuilt, and optimized for 3D printing. We were going to do a Runewake model, and I was going to paint it to look like Galactic Storm to preview when we released models for 3D printing, but it just had odd issues.
More specifically, the models are not water-tight - they import in pieces. Generally the mesh is physically separated into pieces where UV seams are, so it requires to weld everything back together. There also tends to be mesh issues like rats nests, "tortured" polygons, incorrect normals, UV issues, etc that need to be fixed. Also lots of spikes and such tend to just be hollow cones shoved into the mesh rather than physically attached to it. Depending on how the model is posed, the rig might not be well-designed to move in those ways and would probably need some fixes to the model (like the wings on posed galactic storm) after the rig is removed.

Cippman

Jan 5, 2018
More specifically, the models are not water-tight - they import in pieces
Yeah, some models are really 'hard'.

However here we are!
1) download the .7z archive
2) extract it

Cippman

Jan 5, 2018
I gave a look to the link and searched if there was something for Unity about .STL, I also tried an online model converter...
and these are the results. In some of them I also noticed the defects that also Aiden said.
Feel free to take a look to them...

Which software do you use to check them?
Personally I used some online 3d viewers and some online 3d printing services (some of them seems to auto-apply also some fixes), and I also noticed that during unity exportation I've to rotate it (unity has different axis)

Last edited:

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks