What's new

Suggestion Guild Technology - Dragon for Hire

THARGOR

May 13, 2020
Hey,
if you start a dragon process in the dragon lair, you can use only the highest level of your guild technology for flute- or napo- extraction, which makes sense.
But for the gold search (dragon for hire) as well as the dragon training you need to scroll down all levels beginning with 1 - this makes no sense and is kind of annoying.

is it possible to show only the highest level, just like flute- and napo- extraction?
or even better - would it be possible to remember the last choice, and just have to press the add-button to start again the same process you chose before?

Upvote 0

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Not sure how likely this is, because it is something within the UI, and DP UI is cancer.

Can look at it at some point, but I'd say it is only tentatively possible.

THARGOR

May 13, 2020
ty seiichi.
the option to remember your last choice would also help those who farm mats with their dragons, so i guess this would be helpful for most players - maybe you master the UI some day ;)

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
ty seiichi.
the option to remember your last choice would also help those who farm mats with their dragons, so i guess this would be helpful for most players - maybe you master the UI some day ;)
Issue isn't mastering the UI, issue is that the UI is in a format that is quite difficult to deal with.

THARGOR

May 13, 2020
i see.
will this be easier with your source update, or will it stay the same?

SaintBeast

Apr 3, 2017
I think the source update dont do any change on the UI.
UI update should be a seperate thing i guess

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
i see.
will this be easier with your source update, or will it stay the same?
Yes and no; yes in that we can make backend changes to make adjustments to UI, but no in that the UI itself is it's own monstrosity.

Scaleform (the UI engine DP uses) uses Flash and Actionscript as a foundation; a lot of the issues with performance is because the version of Scaleform is single-core without thread support. The UI itself is also much more difficult to edit in comparison to a XML, JSON or even a text based UI that uses sprites; most things are basically hardcoded, and the engine and DP specifically aren't made to be flexible.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks