What's new

Happy Drugon For Visual Stimulation

Gervis

Nov 2, 2016
wow, Amazing Genimii i wished i could do this otherwise i would of made a Solar Eclipse and myself standing there but solar in like a attack stance xD

Wolf

May 5, 2017
wow, Amazing Genimii i wished i could do this otherwise i would of made a Solar Eclipse and myself standing there but solar in like a attack stance xD

Ah yes, the snek ready to pounce. Hiss hiss

Wolf

May 5, 2017
Not even sure if the Basilisk would fit into the lore of Dragon's Prophet but I'm definitely planning on creating a short backstory for it.

More eye-burning art for everyone.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Not even sure if the Basilisk would fit into the lore of Dragon's Prophet but I'm definitely planning on creating a short backstory for it.

More eye-burning art for everyone.
You act like the backstory for DP makes sense after the first few zones o_O

Drackogon

Feb 13, 2019
Dragon's prophet lore sure is better than many MMORPGs out there. Even in the first few zones.
not the greatest, but not the worst

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Dragon's prophet lore sure is better than many MMORPGs out there. Even in the first few zones.
not the greatest, but not the worst
Okay, let me rephrase.

Dragon's Prophets original lore was okay, at least as long as you had the starting tutorial which explained and described the point of the game and taught you to play it (something it no longer does, and is also a leading point in people not sticking with the game if they're first timers).

The decision to remove Satuma and Bakra, remove the tutorial (which honestly while annoying to do every single time is still way better than most tutorials I've gone through) harmed the story significantly. You then have to remember that the story starts to go off the rails after Wynnadia and Korhala, and devolves into filler content that most people no longer bother to follow as a story at all.

We had @Faleah go through and do every single storyline mission and compile a synopsis for every zone and major occurrence, and then do an overview, and overall the story just does not make sense or is lacking. Overall we found that there was no point to the story after Wynnadia/Korhala, and when we're able to we would likely ignore everything after those zones and try to reel the story back to the original concept a bit more.

As far as dragons go... They added pony dragons because My Little Pony got popular, and they wanted to make money off of players; there are also other dragons that don't fit the actual original story or concept of dragons and overall they are just used as a cosmetic. At the end of the day players care more about pretty dragons than they will about staying true to the story at least as far as dragons go.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks