What's new

Housing, Furniture Sets, Housing Buffs and Dragon Incubation

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Housing has never really gotten much love from Runewake, and there really isn't much good furniture in the game (or at least useful furniture). There is also the whole issue with encouraging people to dance for your nests.

To help remedy or fix the above we thought to add Furniture Sets that add incremental buffs (Experience Increase, Drop Increase, Green/Blue/Purple Increase, Crafting Success, Extraction Success, Charisma, Dragon Influence and other buffs that do not give a bonus to PvP). The way the concept of this would work is that for every item of the set you own, your buff would go up by 1-2% or by a solid integer, with a maximum dependent on the item set itself.

How does this effect incubation? We would make these buffs effect friends that care for your nests, giving them a portion of what you as an owner would get. An example would be having a full Drop Buff furniture set, which gives you as an owner 10%; if a room mate came to care for your nests they would earn 2% of that, with a maximum of 10% for caring at other houses. This will hopefully encourage more cares.

We will also be trying to do away with the requirement of being a room mate to care for eggs, allowing anyone to care for them but only room mates able to earn the buffs (items would still be rewarded for cares). This will hopefully help get cares from people who are not on at the same time, or people who just come across a house with eggs to care for them.

Something that may be more difficult as it requires doing a new UI which is not easy to do on Dragons Prophet, is to create a "Care Board" where we would list the number of eggs and the possible buffs people could receive for caring. This may not be possible, but it's something we could at the very least do through a thread on the forum.

Taf Kadd

Apr 22, 2017
Oooh, sounds lovely so far.

Especially like the idea of being able to see how many eggs there really are...

DustyRose

May 22, 2017
ohhh .. the ideas here are very good ... being an egg care person for a LONG time in DP i think this would do wonders to encourage egg care

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
We're also open to any other suggestions or improvements.

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
perhaps, something to show, if you have cared that day?? (i sometimes get dc'd and with peeps popping on off my list gets scrambled/or loose my place)...maybe something to show if you have been there alrdy?

~waves~ at Seiichi, i fixed it hon,....FYI..just typed in other addy(Dragonsprophet/not-adept_just incase you run across it again)...

and those careing for the homes,...we that own apt's would post on forums to let peeps know to stop and tickle the lil darlings toes?/!!
UI edits are much harder on DP than they should be so doing changes would be more difficult there.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks