What's new

Oracle Ideas on the Oracle class!!!

Apr 4, 2017
Hey everyone. I welcome any tips or ideas on playing the Oracle class.

I've heard some builds that involve the class being aimed more towards a crit play style, I'm curious what you guys think? I know it's a safe bet to go the INT route, to increase damage and what not.

But again, this is a discussion on some possible class builds that yall have come up with.

This is much appreciated! Thank you guys! :D

newb

Oct 17, 2016
Best build for any class is full charisma! JKJK I don't main an oracle and I am not that great at playing them. I dont know the skills off the top of my head but this can be just an idea for you to look into the skills. I would recommend playing with the skills and choosing the one you have the most fun with.

Depends on how complicated you want to get. To start off I would just go fero. When you hit lvl 60 you can choose your dragon god. Play with the skills a bit and see what style you enjoy. Then based on the bonus you get from your god you can continue fero or put int or da to give a boost to your prayer returns.

Most of the more determined oracles that tend to excel normally use hybrid builds. Meaning they will use 2-3 mastery and equipment sets depending on what they want to be doing. Some more popular rotations are the scythe debuff into their main wave skill then quick swapping to giant wave with a talisman. They will normally buff themselves with the other talisman god first and cast the soul point recover over time skill before entering the battle and swapping back when they need more soul and buffs.

Note that this can be more of a pain if you dont have a macro keyboard or mouse. I know several people that use these to make these builds much easier to use. Both oracles and sorcs are very popular due to the way the game was set up allowing them to cast most of the big damage skills in quick succession of one another.

Tons of people that main oracle so hopefully they can kinda give more detailed info.

Tenren

Mar 29, 2017
What newb said is rather accurate. Best way to learn is to try out every skill yourself and make a build tailored for your play style. Even if another player has a good build and it's getting the most out of it, it might not work out for you. Also resetting mastery is just in game gold, rather cheap. So go ahead and give it a try.

Now as to a bit more details, I'll just give few tips. Basic mastery go all damage ( intel/DA or DSD/ natural based on your god mastery and tali/ scythe based on what weapon you use. What's important here, at least 1 point into flash steps, it makes all the difference in the world, as with it you get invulnerability while dashing and ability to get trough targets.

As a talisman oracle.
For weapon mastery, a must have is the heal (cure). 2nd heal not so much, unless you play with dragon out a lot and want to be able to heal it too. Flying blades maxed is also a very good skill as it stops every target it hits in place for 3 seconds ( i mean it, even bosses) :p.S. fun to see people trying to run from you with their anti-stuns while cought by this skill. Besides this 2 skills, rest are up to preference. ( side note, if you decide on a dmg skill, drop 10 points in it as difference from level 9 to 10 is bigger than actually using that point anywhere else.

And there we get to god masteries. Sweet lovely damage in the form of flashy AoE's. Here comes in place what newb said. Whatever mastery you will choose, there is one skill that you don't want to part from. And that's the magic dmg buff. But as you can't use ciern and istalon on same talisman mastery, you are bound to going full istalon (purple rain !! YAAY) or making 2 masteries and switching mid fight to buff yourself. (side note, keep no dragon soul skills on your bars or you end up with an empty soul bar when switching). If you choose 2 masteries though, make sure ciern one has "Giant Wave" there with 10 points in ( top dps skill for tali oracle).

This is just a schetch of a tali build, just to give you an ideea and get you started towards making your own great build. Also, in the near future i'll try and put something in about mixing tali with scythe ( requires equipment switch as well) or just a pure scythe build.

Apr 4, 2017
Oh awesome, I'll give this a shot. I ended up using the exp stones to boost up to level 90 hahahaa, so its a little overwhelming, but I plan on doing some quests and putting skill points as I go, rather than all at once. This is because as you said, I want to test out what I enjoy the most for play style. I know that most people say to put all the points in INT, but something didn't quite sit well with me when they said that. I used to play on the NA server a loooong time ago, only got to like level 20 or something, but I could have sworn some people mentioned that going a mix of INT and FERO was the best. From what I've read on other forums recently, people were saying that pure INT is not the best way to go due to not being able to max out your damage with just the base damage. That said, people were saying that pure INT is pretty good for healers, and I personally like damage and healing.

I played a Shaman on World of Warcraft and got the dual talent set up with being an enhancement shaman (melee damage) and a restoration shaman (healing) and I love doing both. Being a healer is fun from time to time, but I love the up close and personal way of damage. I personally with spend a little time looking into playing as a bit of a hybrid, light heals (if possible hahaha) while playing with a scythe. Pretty much being more of a support healer, rather than a dedicated main healer lol.

Ohh hahahaaa side story, in WoW, while playing as an enhancement shaman (since they have an insta heal ability), I would keep and eye on the healer's health and if it got low, I would cast heal on them to make sure they stayed alive. I enjoyed feeling like I was more of a swiss-army knife, rather than being focus on only attacks and dps.

Thanks for the tips and I'll keep my eyes open for anymore to come! :D

Tenren

Mar 29, 2017
I just realized I said nothing about attributes.. silly me:)
Ok so Oracle in DP. To have a better understanding, you need to know the game. As for that I can tell you that there are no definite roles in dungeons like in WoW (you gave it as example). With dragons, all classes can heal themselves, so a pure class for healing is not needed anymore. Oracle is a versatile class, as it is tank, dps and heal (all in one).

Now for your attributes. Tested by me are a few builds and they are:
1. Full intelligence. OMG OMG look at that magic damage ( i'm in love) ... not really... Full intelligence will boost up your magic damage, and you will see higher (white = non crit) damage, BUT , you will give lot less critical hits... (nooo "Where's my yellow damage hits!!!" ) . Overall in a damage output test, this didn't fare quite well for PVE. Alternatively, with the Thoughness stat rulling over PVP ( it lowers the chance to get critically hit) a build with a lot of intelligence based on pure damage can work.
2. Going full ferocity. There you go now, looking at those critical hit chance and critical hit power.. grows your heart. Hitting a wave and seeing all hits come as (yellow=critical hit) lights up your day. But you look at your magic damage, and it's nothing to be proud of. This works out as a good PVE build, only when you are quite well geared up, with good shards. Getting your magic damage from clothes, jewellery and shards.
3. Going full DA. Unlike intelligence, DA gives less magic damage, but it gives magic penetration (another really usefull stat for magic classes). Full Da doesn't help your crit at all, so we go back to full intelligence build, where we cry about the lack of the most loved yellow damage hits. Besides that, with full DA , you won't see that high magic damage a full intelligence build will give.
So i guess what i'm saying is that going max on one stat doesn't help your cause, unless you are really well geared and a full fero build will do just great for you. The best way to go is a mix between this three stats, mirroring your level and the level of your gear.
I just recently started playing here, so as you can immagine.. i got no gear ("sobs in a corner") . For me (level 108) i started with 150 fero, and 150 points spent between intel and DA. A bit of magic dmg, a bit of crit, and a bit of magic penetration. As i started getting gear, that intelligence disappeared, and now i'm at 200 fero and rest DA. (that's because i choose to go Ciern as my main mastery).
As for other attributes.
Constitution is kinda useless for oracles. They get high HP from clothes and AP heals to support that.
Strenght/Focus are physical class stats, so no point in using those.
Charisma . up to 105 set you will lack this, but with that you will have too much. so no point in it
Hope this helps.

Jan 18, 2017
By Attributes i going 240 points int and the other ferocity.i have that int set and i make with debuff 600-750 (mount) per wave or 1kk by storm per hit.andddd forgive for my bad english <3 you can whisper Kaido for more help by oracle build

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks