What's new

I'm Back, Nerds (and optionally helping out)

Corv

Aug 19, 2020
tl;dr: I was on NA Kronos, got shut down in the middle of my obsessive solo career. Helped with a private server for a while, can offer my services to the GA DP staff too, if they want. I like making stuff work and nice stuff for players to enjoy. I ain't looking for money or in-game boons, just some clear communication and private contacts not minding that I sometimes swear a lot in casual convo. I'm chill playin' here either way. Enjoy the dollars I dumped on you.
kxn4ph.gif

Not that many of you would likely remember me since I mostly kept to myself, though there were a few memorable ventures into the dungeons. I was that weirdo on NA Kronos that was trying to solo all the dungeons at matched level and refused to go into one with other players until I beat it alone. (Or maybe you know me from that 120p Thadrea road farming video with a typo in it someone asked me to make.) I was grinding for shards to get my DPS up a bit more so I could finally cross Thadrea off my solo list, since I was stuck halfway through the last boss in Mirage. But then the server was killed. I'd appealed to the EU servers on behalf of NA in the hopes that we could at least get SOME of our gear and a dragon or two copied so we weren't starting with nothing after a lot (sometimes years) of sunk work but I think they just gave a bonus or something. Didn't help that other players started flipping out at the EU people in the thread, which I had no control over but kinda killed the impression.

So I turned to a wee private server that was starting up. I wanted to make this server a success real bad since it was going to give us back our stuff as long as we had screenshots, and boy do I have a lot from when the shutdown was announced, character sliders and all. A friend randomly had admin access and a spreadsheet full of broken-English/Chinese items to test which no one wanted to do en masse. Except me. This was a massive undertaking since the sheer amount of items and the long item numbers make spawning stuff with the admin controls a bit of a pain. It was also in just one long masterlist ordered by numerical ID release rather than category and lots of them were blank names, but I was an autist on a mission. Long hours were spent just going through these things, like 16 hours at a stretch sometimes, and from the looks of the spreadsheet I have laying around I probably tested and translated/described at least several hundred items. The furniture was the biggest pain. Once in a while said friend would check the spreadsheet, ask when I slept, then organize the finished items into their respective categorical tabs. I never got to finish since the guy running the server was tangled in some alleged drama I wasn't paying much attention to, and the whole thing died.

Fast forward to this month and I was feeling a little nostalgic. Looked up some old videos by NA people and noticed a year-old comment pointing to this place. And also I learned that EU died as well, so guess it's good I didn't go there. Anyway, nice to see you all again, even if it was just mostly egg dancing, magic shard give-aways, or me acting as designated tank/NPC-smasher for more delicate players in dungeons I'd cleared. I'll happily help out if the staff need someone to do similar tedious functions since it triggers the dopamine receptors in my brain for some reason, though you likely have everything labeled by this point insofar as that specific task goes. I just wanna make stuff work. If I can get a basic idea of the texture/mesh/skeleton setup, may be able to help with reskins and models for people to enjoy. Not sure if the latter is possible, but I've been meaning to brush up on Blender again anyway. In the meantime, I threw a bunch of funds at the server since I want to encourage AG's active development and this "by and for the people" vibe that I like.

Oh, and if we hung out on NA, scream at me in-game sometime. Cheers.

Last edited:

蔡翔宇fred

Aug 20, 2020
[QUOTE =“ Corv,post:12767,member:12913”] tl; dr:我在NA Kronos上,在我執著的單人職業生涯中被關閉。一段時間以來,在使用私有服務器的幫助下,如果他們願意,也可以向GA DP員工提供我的服務。我喜歡製作東西和讓玩家欣賞的好東西。我不是在尋找金錢或遊戲中的紅利,只是在進行一些明確的溝通和私人聯繫,而不在意我有時候會隨隨便便地發誓。無論哪種方式,我都在這裡冷淡。享受我傾銷給您的錢。
kxn4ph.gif

儘管我對地下城有些難忘的冒險,但你們當中可能沒有多少人會記得我,因為我主要是對自己保持專注。我是NA Kronos上的那個怪人,他試圖以匹配的水平獨奏所有地牢,並拒絕與其他玩家合而為一,直到我單獨擊敗它為止。(或者,也許您從120p Thadrea道路耕作視頻中認識我,裡面有人打錯了打字錯誤。)我正在努力尋找碎片,以提高我的DPS,因此我最終可以將Thadrea從我的獨奏列表中刪除,因為我被困在Mirage的最後一位老闆中間。但是隨後服務器被殺死。我代表NA向歐盟的服務器提出上訴,希望我們至少能複制一些裝備,並複制一兩個巨龍,以便我們不會 經過大量(有時是幾年)沉沒的工作,一切都沒有開始,但我認為他們只是給了獎金或其他東西。沒有其他參與者開始在歐盟人員中脫穎而出,這無濟於事,我對此無能為力,但有點打消了印象。

因此,我轉向了一個正在啟動的專用服務器。我想使這台服務器的成功真的很糟糕,因為只要有屏幕截圖,它就會把我們的東西還給我們。男孩,從宣布關閉時起,還有很多事情,比如字符滑塊等等。一位朋友隨機擁有管理員訪問權限,並使用一個電子表格填寫了中英文損壞的項目,以測試沒有人願意集體進行這項工作。除了我。這是一項艱鉅的任務,因為龐大的項目數量和較長的項目數量使管理員控制產生一些麻煩。它也只是按數字ID發布順序排列的一個長主列表中而不是類別,其中很多是空白名稱,但我是一名自閉症患者。只是花了很長時間才經歷這些事情,例如有時要花16個小時,從電子表格的外觀來看,我可能測試並翻譯/描述了至少幾百個項目。家具是最大的痛苦。有時,朋友會檢查電子表格,問我何時睡覺,然後將完成的項目整理到各自的分類標籤中。我從來沒有做完,因為運行服務器的那個傢伙在我不太注意的某個所謂的戲劇中糾結了,整個事情都死了。

快進到這個月,我有點懷舊了。查找了NA人的一些舊視頻,並註意到有一個指向該地點的古老評論。而且我也知道歐盟也死了,所以我沒去那裡是很好的猜測。無論如何,很高興再次與大家見面,即使只是蛋跳,魔術碎片贈品,還是我擔任指定的坦克/ NPC粉碎機,以供我清理的地牢中更精緻的玩家使用。如果工作人員需要某人執行類似乏味的功能,我會很樂意提供幫助,因為由於某種原因它會觸發我大腦中的多巴胺受體,儘管就這一特定任務而言,您可能已經將這一點標記為一切。我只是想讓東西工作。如果我能對紋理/網格/骨架設置有一個基本的了解,也許可以幫助人們重新設計皮膚和模型。不知道後者是否可行,但是我一直想再次嘗試Blender。同時,我想在服務器上投入大量資金,因為我想鼓勵AG的積極發展以及我喜歡的這種“以人為本”的氛圍。

哦,如果我們堅持不玩NA,請在遊戲中向我尖叫。乾杯。[/ QUOTE]

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks