What's new

Dragon Preview Introducing: Nyssilth, the Toxic Tyrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Nyssilth.jpg

Here is the latest Dragon that Aiden has created for us; she wanted to create a Duskreaver that wasn't a dark, neutral or boring. The Dragon itself takes heavy inspiration from Sea Slugs and also Poison Dart Frogs, which is where she got the ideas for the colors and also the pattern used.

Currently this Duskreaver has no name or title, and we are hoping to get a few suggestions from the community. You can also suggest a compendium if you like, or some details for the compendium which we can then ask @Heroine to do her usual book-size compendium for. If you have any suggestions post them below. Just a warning... If we do not come up with something better we may legitimately name the Dragon Sluggy McSlugface...

This Dragon will likely be hitting the Marketplace sometime in January or February.

We will also be releasing a previously unreleased Holiday-themed Dragon this month once I finish up some work on it, so look forward to that as well.

Last edited:

Exceddius

Oct 11, 2017
Thank you for continuing to bring Dragon's Prophet to life with new contents!

I will think about name ideas! I'll post them here later!

Nyx

Nov 16, 2019
1.jpg

Here is the latest Dragon that Aiden has created for us; she wanted to create a Duskreaver that wasn't a dark, neutral or boring. The Dragon itself takes heavy inspiration from Sea Slugs and also Poison Dart Frogs, which is where she got the ideas for the colors and also the pattern used.

Currently this Duskreaver has no name or title, and we are hoping to get a few suggestions from the community. You can also suggest a compendium if you like, or some details for the compendium which we can then ask @Heroine to do her usual book-size compendium for. If you have any suggestions post them below. Just a warning... If we do not come up with something better we may legitimately name the Dragon Sluggy McSlugface...

This Dragon will likely be hitting the Marketplace sometime in January or February.

We will also be releasing a previously unreleased Holiday-themed Dragon this month once I finish up some work on it, so look forward to that as well.

Hi ^^
Maybe Rainbow Death ?! Thats the only Name i can think for when i see it. XD

Heroine

Jan 5, 2018
Will probably come up with better later since I'm away from home right now but Prisma Fracture.

Edit: Home, here's some more.

Venom Sky
Crescent Dream
Grudge Prism
Tropic Rain
Chromatic Reign
Reverie's Aspect

Some names are dumb, but I tried.

Last edited:

Aiden

The Sparkle Mom
Jan 13, 2018
Hexxus, with the title 'Toxic Love'
Partially a joke lol, but I kind of like it XD

Dryadia

Holiday Addict
Mar 13, 2017
how 'bout:
Glaucus Exotica
Duskus Exotica
Tigris Exotica

Last edited:

Kitalia

Holiday Addict
Apr 11, 2017
Naveen my daughter, has suggested, "Sistox" for Sinister Toxin as a name

Aiden

The Sparkle Mom
Jan 13, 2018
putting dis here so it doesn't just get lost in the discord chat.
Discord_2019-12-10_01-39-54.png

Discord_2019-12-10_15-28-53.png

Along with Syukie's suggestion of 'Kaleidoscope'

Last edited:

CobaltedBeast

Jul 4, 2018
Toxic Darter, title "Antivenom", "Antitoxin", or "Antidote" ?

idea for lore: This duskreaver has adapted to hunt in a much more unique way than any other known dragons in it's family. It has evolved to become venomous from preying upon smaller toxic amphibians and reptiles in it's environment. Growing a tolerance to the poisons and converting them to it's own use. The trademark wing spikes are tipped with this venom, and it uses them in combat against larger opponents. striking with swift motions, in a blink of an eye, to effectively poison it's target.

It's venom is said to be potent enough to take down a full grown giant with a single sting, though it's exact toxicity level has not yet been recorded as this dragon is a highly dangerous one to study in the wild and require great caution and a lot of distance.

There are two main theories on how it got it's bright, vibrant patterns that captivate osirans. The first is that, like many other toxic creatures, it simply adapted this pattern as a warning sign to others to show that it is a venomous target and should not be messed with. The second, and more believed, is that it's scales slowly turned crazy colors overtime from all the toxins it would ingest. Or maybe just from eating such colorful critters, tasty!

KarmaIsback

Sep 29, 2019
Toxic Darter, title "Antivenom", "Antitoxin", or "Antidote" ?

idea for lore: This duskreaver has adapted to hunt in a much more unique way than any other known dragons in it's family. It has evolved to become venomous from preying upon smaller toxic amphibians and reptiles in it's environment. Growing a tolerance to the poisons and converting them to it's own use. The trademark wing spikes are tipped with this venom, and it uses them in combat against larger opponents. striking with swift motions, in a blink of an eye, to effectively poison it's target.

It's venom is said to be potent enough to take down a full grown giant with a single sting, though it's exact toxicity level has not yet been recorded as this dragon is a highly dangerous one to study in the wild and require great caution and a lot of distance.

There are two main theories on how it got it's bright, vibrant patterns that captivate osirans. The first is that, like many other toxic creatures, it simply adapted this pattern as a warning sign to others to show that it is a venomous target and should not be messed with. The second, and more believed, is that it's scales slowly turned crazy colors overtime from all the toxins it would ingest. Or maybe just from eating such colorful critters, tasty!
what about toxic master for title ?

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
We are still looking for ideas for the name.

Generally for naming it would be like "Carnelian Warden" (Prefix Suffix), but because it is getting difficult to name Dragons in this way (there are only so many combinations that you can use without them getting redundant) we will also accept a "Name, the Prefix Suffix" style as well. An example would be Sophani, the Bubblegum Queen or something similar.

We do have a fallback name, but we haven't decided if we'll use it as it's not exactly similar to the naming conventions of Dragon's Prophet, but we also may start expanding the naming conventions as we do not have the original rules or concept for their naming.

Shautru

Mar 12, 2019
Oh I like him...it kind of makes me think of how people have bred lions and tigers and call them Ligers. So, the stripes kind of look tiger-ish to me, and the body lizard like, plus the color …
Umbral Liger
Rainbow Liger

Or you mentioned possible release by Jan or Feb, maybe could follow astrological signs for those months ...
Vibrant Capricorn
Vibrant Pisces

Or..
Ligerion, Rainbow of Death

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
We ended up going with an internal name and title as it'll give us an excuse to expand upon naming conventions used by DP in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks