Seiichi

Oct 20, 2016
With Discord potentially being acquired by Microsoft I decided to give Guilded another look to see how far they have gotten since I originally checked them out, and after playing with it for a few days last week, I've decided we will be making that the official chat server for Adept Gamer, and it's projects.

If you are wanting to join the guilded server you can use this link: Guilded - Chat for Gaming Communities

We will be maintaining the Discord server still however as the Guilded server grows, less communication will take place on Discord. Any previews for Dragon's Prophet or Dragon Saga will also take place there.

Other than the potential acquisition, there are other reasons for why I have decided to move:

• The majority of features that Discord locks behind the Nitro pay wall are free on Guilded, or they are doubled (4000 text character limit, 200mb upload limit).
  • Community building tools are infinitely better.
    • Rather than the second rate filter solution I put together to allow users to see only things they are interested in, Guilded has native support for groups within a server, allowing for more segmentation within a community. This means you Dragon Saga Peasants can be separated from our Dragon's Prophet Degenerates.
    • Native calendar solution so people can stop asking me when event is, and when maintenance is or when it will be done.
    • Dedicated media channels with their own comment system, allowing for people to share their memes and art without it getting lost in the general conversation.
    • Teamspeak style voice chat, where you can have multiple rooms within a single Voice Chat instance.
      • This also includes 256k bitrate, which is unlocked by having 10 boosts on Discord.
    • Native poll solution, so that we can poll the community for smaller things (we will still use the website for anything that is of larger importance).
    • Native activity-based XP solution which can be set to reward different roles depending on the level you are.
    • Native simple bot system able to do auto-responses for simple things.
  • I will no longer have to pay $100/month to get basic features such as a human-readable invite link, a server banner (that literally is tiny) or increased upload limit for users (which was still only 100mb).
  • This is something we likely won't use, unless we offer subscriptions on the website as well and we can get custom development done to link them, but there is a native subscription system (similar to boosts) where the server owner gets the money, and not Discord. This is something I've hated about Discord when the rolled out boosts, because the only benefit to communities about boost was increased functionality or limits that were arbitrarily low or missing. You also can only boost 1-2 servers at a time, forcing people to have to buy additional boosts if they wanted to boost more servers. As someone who literally was spending $100-150 in boosts, it is kind of sad.

taaffeiite

Mar 27, 2021
Will there still be a restriction on the Guilded server regarding mobile phones and having a number attached to your account? I noticed that the Discord server had it, and I'm unable to speak there because I don't own a mobile phone and I don't have a number to attach to my account to verify myself as a result.

Seiichi

Oct 20, 2016
Will there still be a restriction on the Guilded server regarding mobile phones and having a number attached to your account? I noticed that the Discord server had it, and I'm unable to speak there because I don't own a mobile phone and I don't have a number to attach to my account to verify myself as a result.
Guilded doesn't have that option currently so no.

We had to add it on the Discord because we have a few idiots who continue to try to create trouble by joining the Discord constantly.

Reactions: taaffeiite

taaffeiite

Mar 27, 2021
Guilded doesn't have that option currently so no.

We had to add it on the Discord because we have a few idiots who continue to try to create trouble by joining the Discord constantly.
Ah! Fair enough, I hate it when people do that!! I had issues on a server I moderate for but thankfully that person is long gone by now lmao

Seiichi

Oct 20, 2016
is guilded secure?
Do you mean account wise, or do you mean encrypted end to end data wise?

Account wise, it is going to be similar to Discord. For end to end encryption, it's unlikely as the platform is not meant to be a security platform such as Signal or Telegram, but a community platform.

As far as privacy goes, you can read their privacy policy here; Privacy

Yeah im Rusted

May 13, 2020
Do you mean account wise, or do you mean encrypted end to end data wise?

Account wise, it is going to be similar to Discord. For end to end encryption, it's unlikely as the platform is not meant to be a security platform such as Signal or Telegram, but a community platform.

As far as privacy goes, you can read their privacy policy here; Privacy
thank you very much seiichi, i hope guilded gets as many people in it as the discord

Seiichi

Oct 20, 2016
Because people we have banned previously are wastes of life, we've enabled the application process for joining the Guilded server.

To join you need to supply your forum account, and also the email used for said forum account. Only staff are able to view applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Upcoming events