What's new

Old New Player is back (Introduction)

AncientOne

Just a little festive
Dec 10, 2022
Hello, I'm not very good at forum things (and my english isn't perfect as well, so I'm sorry for that) but I'll try to make a not-too-bad presentation of myself.

Sooo I used to play around 2013-2017, until I got burned out from this game, I don't know I felt like it was way too repetitive and I was always stuck at Paeon farm all the time. When I heard about Dragon's Prophet/Savage Hunt shutting down, I felt at the same time sad, but also was thinking "that's not surprising" because perhaps other people were feeling the same as me? idk.

Recently I had a dream, and I dreamt I was playing Dragon's Prophet again. I woke up and I decided to find asap if there was still a version I can play. I wanted to thank you all for keeping this game (and this community) alive, and thanks for the improvements you did, I have noticed things became less grindy, or maybe I'm mistaken? idk, but it feels different, but in a positive way.

I'm calling myself an "old new" player, because all these years, as I was a kid, I wasn't truly understanding how the game works when it comes to strats, critical damage, strength, ferocity, etc etc, and I was just playing the game with random weak dragons, looking at their design, and not their stats. I used to have a Wandering Lotus Dragon as main dragon, I have called him Florys, idk I was searching a name that could remind of the "flower" word xd And I really enjoyed spending time with it, even if it wasn't rare nor strong. With time I have discovered what are stats, abilities, and how important they are in a fight, or in arena. And I started encountering rare dragons. Midnight Shade (called him Rex idk why xD it looks like a german shepherd from nintendogs lol), Fuying (Mushu, don't judge me okay, I know it's not a good one but ehh xD), Night Mist (I don't remember, something like Kyojin or Kaiju, idk, something scary in a language I barely learned), I had a friend who gifted me Radiant Sunset back then, a very beautiful dragon, 4 beautiful virtual kebabs. Oh and I had a cloudy fluffy Whispering Cloudstrider Dragon too, looks like a cute doggo. I had some few more others but I'm lazy to go find the names in the wiki.

My goals now that I came back, are to:
-get back my orange noodle dragon (Fuying) (PS: I hate orange colour)
-get back my twin dragon (Night Mist) (I bought the pure essences from auction!! So I'm almost done with this task)
-try to obtain the Laedis set (I never did that before, and idk how to, but I saw on the wiki the Grim Reaper looks really cool, and I never had an Ancient Dragon before, so why not farm it)
-get back my house in secret island place, I don't remember the name, but yeah I gotta farm for this one for some time.

I used to be member of the Guild Lesbretonniens, if some people still remember that name, well hi there! xD

Aight I guess that's all for a presentation, sorry I am talkative like a parrot, if some people would like me in their guild, I would be happy to join! But I won't be always here, because as I said, I was finding this game quite repetitive, and I'm worried if I get burnout again, so yeah for now I do my daily farms, my quests, but I don't think I would keep up with it for long.

And I wanted to thank again the person (or the persons) behind the revival of this game, I got a lot of nostalgia and good memories when coming back to this game 3 days ago. Especially when I went capturing the Wandering Lotus Dragons again.
Most of the games I used to play shutdown after few years, but when I see something like this place, I feel relieved because nothing disappears from internet, there is always a copy of a game (or a file etc) somewhere, and always some determined and talented people to code and setup all this to make it work and be functional. As a gamer I can only say this:
thank you
GG WP HF GL

Last edited:

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Hello, I'm not very good at forum things (and my english isn't perfect as well, so I'm sorry for that) but I'll try to make a not-too-bad presentation of myself.

Sooo I used to play around 2013-2017, until I got burned out from this game, I don't know I felt like it was way too repetitive and I was always stuck at Paeon farm all the time. When I heard about Dragon's Prophet/Savage Hunt shutting down, I felt at the same time sad, but also was thinking "that's not surprising" because perhaps other people were feeling the same as me? idk.

Recently I had a dream, and I dreamt I was playing Dragon's Prophet again. I woke up and I decided to find asap if there was still a version I can play. I wanted to thank you all for keeping this game (and this community) alive, and thanks for the improvements you did, I have noticed things became less grindy, or maybe I'm mistaken? idk, but it feels different, but in a positive way.

I'm calling myself an "old new" player, because all these years, as I was a kid, I wasn't truly understanding how the game works when it comes to strats, critical damage, strength, ferocity, etc etc, and I was just playing the game with random weak dragons, looking at their design, and not their stats. I used to have a Wandering Lotus Dragon as main dragon, I have called him Florys, idk I was searching a name that could remind of the "flower" word xd And I really enjoyed spending time with it, even if it wasn't rare nor strong. With time I have discovered what are stats, abilities, and how important they are in a fight, or in arena. And I started encountering rare dragons. Midnight Shade (called him Rex idk why xD it looks like a german shepherd from nintendogs lol), Fuying (Mushu, don't judge me okay, I know it's not a good one but ehh xD), Night Mist (I don't remember, something like Kyojin or Kaiju, idk, something scary in a language I barely learned), I had a friend who gifted me Radiant Sunset back then, a very beautiful dragon, 4 beautiful virtual kebabs. Oh and I had a cloudy fluffy Whispering Cloudstrider Dragon too, looks like a cute doggo. I had some few more others but I'm lazy to go find the names in the wiki.

My goals now that I came back, are to:
-get back my orange noodle dragon (Fuying) (PS: I hate orange colour)
-get back my twin dragon (Night Mist) (I bought the pure essences from auction!! So I'm almost done with this task)
-try to obtain the Laedis set (I never did that before, and idk how to, but I saw on the wiki the Grim Reaper looks really cool, and I never had an Ancient Dragon before, so why not farm it)
-get back my house in secret island place, I don't remember the name, but yeah I gotta farm for this one for some time.

I used to be member of the Guild Lesbretonniens, if some people still remember that name, well hi there! xD

Aight I guess that's all for a presentation, sorry I am talkative like a parrot, if some people would like me in their guild, I would be happy to join! But I won't be always here, because as I said, I was finding this game quite repetitive, and I'm worried if I get burnout again, so yeah for now I do my daily farms, my quests, but I don't think I would keep up with it for long.

And I wanted to thank again the person (or the persons) behind the revival of this game, I got a lot of nostalgia and good memories when coming back to this game 3 days ago. Especially when I went capturing the Wandering Lotus Dragons again.
Most of the games I used to play shutdown after few years, but when I see something like this place, I feel relieved because nothing disappears from internet, there is always a copy of a game (or a file etc) somewhere, and always some determined and talented people to code and setup all this to make it work and be functional. As a gamer I can only say this:
thank you
GG WP HF GL
Welcome back to the game.

The server does have increased drop and exp rates, so that would be why it does not feel as grindy.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks