What's new

Suggestion Rejected Pinpoint on map QoL + map optimization

Status
Not open for further replies.

AncientOne

Just a little festive
Dec 10, 2022
Hello,

I have a lot of suggestions, but I don't know if I should write them all in a same thread or if I have to always create new one and put there my ideas.

I'm asking for a QoL for map. When I search for a specific area, or want to bring a friend there, it would be cool to have an option where we can right-click on a specific spot, and it would show itself as a pin with distance, so we don't always need to search where exactly is the thing. I do not know if I explained it well, but basically it would look like a group member dot on map, and when closing the map, it would look like an arrow pointing down and indicating the distance we need before we reach it.

About optimization, I have noticed a lot of fps drops when opening the map, and when trying to drag it, navigate on it, the fps are very low (1 to 3 fps). I hope it can be possible to improve this. Also I might send more Suggestions for the next weeks.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Generally it is best to just do each suggestion/bug report as a single thread, as it is easier to track (especially if you use a good title).

As far as performance of the map goes, there are some improvements in the source update already however it is limited as the biggest performance hit is the UI itself. The map loads a huge amount of data and that is where you experience FPS drop.

Without gutting the map entirely (and this would be one of the last things that would be changed with a new UI engine) it is currently not possible to make shareable markers.

AncientOne

Just a little festive
Dec 10, 2022
Ok thanks! I'll make many threads then.
Oh I understand, and the game editor version isn't the same I guess, since it's a <2017 game. I hope later there would be solutions (maybe unexpected ones, good surprises haha), thanks for the infos.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
There is no editor for the game; all our tools we have are custom built.

The UI framework (Scaleform) has been dead since I believe 2017, and cannot be licensed either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks