What's new

Suggestion Please Buff Severite/Azores Treasure drop rate. (Weekly Quest)

Heroine

Jan 5, 2018
For some reason the thread tag is wrong, should be a suggestion.

When Runewaker added Treasure Hunts, they were severely imbalanced. Quests designed as a weekly achievement deemed impossible to clear in the week due to the immense and unrealistic grind by a handful of the quests. Caromund's Treasure? The only RNG you dealt with was road quests at night, at the rates were fine. Dog Star Pages? Also fine, you just had to hunt out Remnant Moon merchants. Barbarossa's treasure is a fairly fun one, wandering into Corzine to spawn the dungeon rare was a fun task. However, the imbalance lied with the last few quests.

Now, with this server and Lundhal's treasure, thanks to how it deals with the PE completion in the territory war zone, it always guarantees the final piece, no matter what. So in a sense, that problem was fixed with adeptgamer's server. A once, very tedious quest, was placed more in line with the reasonable weekly grind that the Babarossa's, Dog Star and Caromunds also follow.

Now, the only two outlier quests are Azores and Severites. Runewaker thought it was an excellent idea to hide Severite Treasure fragments on glowing mobs. Spawning these is a grind in itself, you have a roughly one in 10 chance of spawning one, and they are fairly spread in number across the map. The second RNG wall, is the drop itself, and on NA server, this took me 6 months of on and off grinding to complete. That... doesn't sound like a weekly quest to me. I don't know if the drop rate was a slip up or someone in the RW offices felt horribly devilish that afternoon. What's more, you also need 4 of these Severite pieces in order to complete the quest. That seems... unreasonable. The enemies that need to be killed are Stone Eye Witch Doctors (Puretia), Blood Stone Guards (Alentia), Steelsnarl Fighters (Korhala) and the third Palace of Methus Boss (His drop feels far more reasonable, for whatever reason.)

Azores isn't as severe as Severite, but the quest itself is safeguarded by a very high entry toll so the difficulty for the first stage is needless. The drop needs to be boosted, everything else does not. We're already paying 300 Kindred Insignias, 3000 Adventurer Insignias and 3000 Dragon Shells (Yes those shop shells, it's a good shell sink.) in order to complete it.
baEVphB.png

Anyway, that's about all. I really hope I can, for once, see the weekly treasure hunt complete, because if I'm not mistaken I don't remember anyone who's ever done all of them consistantly per week.

Upvote 0

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
For some reason the thread tag is wrong, should be a suggestion.

When Runewaker added Treasure Hunts, they were severely imbalanced. Quests designed as a weekly achievement deemed impossible to clear in the week due to the immense and unrealistic grind by a handful of the quests. Caromund's Treasure? The only RNG you dealt with was road quests at night, at the rates were fine. Dog Star Pages? Also fine, you just had to hunt out Remnant Moon merchants. Barbarossa's treasure is a fairly fun one, wandering into Corzine to spawn the dungeon rare was a fun task. However, the imbalance lied with the last few quests.

Now, with this server and Lundhal's treasure, thanks to how it deals with the PE completion in the territory war zone, it always guarantees the final piece, no matter what. So in a sense, that problem was fixed with adeptgamer's server. A once, very tedious quest, was placed more in line with the reasonable weekly grind that the Babarossa's, Dog Star and Caromunds also follow.

Now, the only two outlier quests are Azores and Severites. Runewaker thought it was an excellent idea to hide Severite Treasure fragments on glowing mobs. Spawning these is a grind in itself, you have a roughly one in 10 chance of spawning one, and they are fairly spread in number across the map. The second RNG wall, is the drop itself, and on NA server, this took me 6 months of on and off grinding to complete. That... doesn't sound like a weekly quest to me. I don't know if the drop rate was a slip up or someone in the RW offices felt horribly devilish that afternoon. What's more, you also need 4 of these Severite pieces in order to complete the quest. That seems... unreasonable. The enemies that need to be killed are Stone Eye Witch Doctors (Puretia), Blood Stone Guards (Alentia), Steelsnarl Fighters (Korhala) and the third Palace of Methus Boss (His drop feels far more reasonable, for whatever reason.)

Azores isn't as severe as Severite, but the quest itself is safeguarded by a very high entry toll so the difficulty for the first stage is needless. The drop needs to be boosted, everything else does not. We're already paying 300 Kindred Insignias, 3000 Adventurer Insignias and 3000 Dragon Shells (Yes those shop shells, it's a good shell sink.) in order to complete it.
baEVphB.png

Anyway, that's about all. I really hope I can, for once, see the weekly treasure hunt complete, because if I'm not mistaken I don't remember anyone who's ever done all of them consistantly per week.
We're planning on fixing up a lot of the issues with Treasure quests (including the level cap), so I will add this to that list.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks