Bug Report Registration Credits

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by altamash, Feb 28, 2019.

1. altamash

altamash New Member

I did not get the 500 credits for registration or even the 50 credits for uploading an avatar. But I got two days worth of login credit. What gives ?

2. Loading...

3. Seiichi

Seiichi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

These were actually removed due to abuse by people; they would register a bunch of accounts (at one point a single person tried to register in excess of 100+ accounts), and they would then attempt to spam avatar uploads to try to increase their credits which put stress on the server over time.

Having to moderate every registration isn't feasible for a small team, so it was easier to remove the option entirely.

4. altamash

altamash New Member

I see, well you should update the "earn credits" section and remove it. Also I have seen that most private server of any game usually give cash shop currency for free and instead they make money from donations or offering premium subscription based services.

Me having never played this game, chose to play on your server first because i expected some benefits compared to the official game but it looks like the only way to earn diamonds is to participate in the forums and even so it will take quite a while before I have enough to buy something that i want.

So my question is do you get any diamonds within the game over time like after a certain level or achievement and also do you get any free costumes ? It even saddens me to see that the character customization also requires diamonds, seriously you should make that free and give people a costume set of their choice one time. My suggestion is to reward one time with enough diamonds after 2-3 weeks worth of progression in the game so that it cannot be abused and make people motivated to stay.

5. Wolf

Wolf Member

I'm just saying but the cash shop/prices on AdeptGamer is far better than on Official. There you actually pay through your neck to get even a dragon skill crystal where here, you can get it actually for free without paying anything. No, you don't get actually get free Diamonds over time but in the game if you do your blue quests (Dailies) you'll earn Insignias which you can use for that section of the Marketplace. It offers you nearly everything including costume sets but no dragons. Not to mention, if you take part in the weekly GM events, you'll even get a gacha in which you'll receive a dragon if you're lucky even plus other goodies. And also the character customisation stuff is literally just colors. You can get a lot of those color unlockers fairly quickly and then use them again. You can use either Insignias or Diamonds to customise your character again.

This server needs to make money one way or another. Those private servers that usually give away free diamonds and cosmetics can probably afford to and because they have a much bigger community. You need to also keep in mind they're still working on the server, plus the other games that they have up and running.

Nearly everything you can get in the game if you grind for it and if you can't, such as a dragon, there are usually players who would be willing to sell you it in exchange for gold.

6. altamash

altamash New Member

Ok that sounds good. Because i don't know much about this game as I am new, i'll just take it one day at a time and enjoy what I can.

7. Wolf

Wolf Member

If anything, join a guild! Newbs is an excellent guild to join for newcomers (Can personally vouch for that.) and they'll help you out a lot. Also, megaphones are your best friend too. Use them because they're dirt cheap and you can buy bulks of 99 (or was it 999?) for just one Insignia.

8. Seiichi

Seiichi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

To clarify a few things from what @Wolf said:

One of the worst things that most game servers do is give out their premium currency; this devalues their currency, and encourages them to inflate their prices and usually leads to unsavory practices that make their servers more pay to win. For the most part we have set up our server to be almost entirely pay to play, with the majority of mall items being available through the Insignia market. For the actual mall prices we went the route of pricing items that you are going to use often (crafting, utility, buffs) low, while pricing cosmetics (costumes / dragons) higher, but still cheaper than what most games price mounts/costumes at.

The credit system is more of a bonus system, and less of a way to earn a constant stream of free currency. It was done this way intentionally to be used as a way to help encourage activity (hasn't changed much over time due to limitations with the site/forum system we've used, but that will change in the future) and to allow people who cannot afford to buy currency a way to earn it without fully devaluing the currencies in-game. It isn't perfect, but it does create a balance as much as possible.

A lot of the functionality in Dragon's Prophet is literally locked to costing Diamonds, and we have actually attempted in the past to remove those requirements which lead to it breaking the system (I actually wanted to give everyone the first page of inventory unlocks for free for example, as well as additional bank slots). The best we can do for that is give out the free items that every character gets for free, as well as the starter pack that each individual gets for their first character.

As @Wolf said we do run a weekly GM event as long as @Haterslayer doesn't have a prior engagement where you get either gacha or a randomly selected dragon as well as other marketplace consumables or fun items.

9. altamash

altamash New Member

I understand, i see now that there are two avenues already, the credit system on the forums as well as daily quests which is not too bad.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.