Announcement Runes of Magic Downtime & Status Update

Discussion in 'Announcements & Events' started by Seiichi, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Seiichi

Seiichi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Manager Moderator

First of all I would like to apologize for the delay in posting the announcement. It has taken a while for the Runes of Magic team to fully get back to me with all the information needed to properly address what has happened.

Now to address the down time and what happened on Friday... Without our knowledge, the dev team for Runes of Magic decided to use released binaries with known issues, rather than use the source code that had been provided to them by us. This lead to someone using SQL Injection to make changes to the databases and to drop character data.

When this was reported, I had the server taken down to verify data integrity and also to verify previous backups. I had confirmation that this was going to be done, but did not hear more until last night when I was told that a backup had not been made. This means that the character date is now gone and players will need to start over.

Because of the mistakes made by the Runes of Magic development team, we will not be letting themselves manage the development or provisioning of servers again. @Light will be taking over development of Runes of Magic, developing a new server from the source code we had provided, and also a new client to ensure this doesn't happen again. We will also being taking over the provisioning of the server to ensure that proper measures are taken.

For people who have purchased Diamonds we will be issuing refunds if you wish them. If you choose to wait for the updated server, we will be providing you with 125% of what you previously purchased, on top of what is offered to all current forum accounts.

For all existing player accounts on the server, we will be giving $20 of Diamonds when the server is updated. We will also be coming up with a compensation package to get you back to where you would have been before this fiasco happened.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and our core team will work to prevent this happening again for this game. If you have any questions, or concerns you can ask me them through Private Message, or join our Discord: Adept Gamer

Manu, Jalnora, OuNou and 4 others like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Runes Magic Downtime
    1. Seiichi
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. erzon77
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. Seiichi
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Necrofer

Necrofer New Member

Entonces tendré que descargar de nuevo el juego y crear un personaje nuevo, no?
    Los 20 dólares en diamantes serán para todas las cuentas creadas anteriormente o sólo para quienes compraron diamantes?

4. Seiichi

New characters will need to be created, but @Danger and @erzon77 will be working on a compensation package to help get players back to where they were, or close.

We will be giving 2000 in Platinum ($20) to each forum account that had a Runes of Magic account before we took the server offline. The Platinum can then be redeemed as you like to your accounts.

Necrofer likes this.
  5. Stephen96

Stephen96 New Member

¿Hay alguna fecha oficial para el nuevo lanzamiento del servidor?

Greivinsn likes this.
  6. Seiichi

It will be at least a few weeks; the ROM team is currently investigating bugs, and then @Light will be fixing them once he is in Canada and has decent internet.

7. epjjim

epjjim New Member

oh !! good , i wait for this server :):)

8. OuNou

OuNou New Member

a few weeks?? :(:(:(

9. Seiichi

Our developer is currently in the process of moving, so does not have the time or internet to actually do work on the source code. He'll be on vacation visiting his girlfriend, and will be working on it then next week. Between now and then the RoM team will be testing for bugs/errors, and looking into what needs to be done, and then we'll address those and move on to the next testing phase.

Rather than pushing things out quickly to save time, we would rather do things properly so that players get the best playing experience they can.

Mattack and OuNou like this.
  10. Necrofer

Necrofer New Member

Se sabe si en la nueva reapertura el servidor estará directamente con el Capítulo II con el nivel máximo de 55 o abrirán justo antes del parche para compensar a los jugadores?

11. Seiichi

Not sure yet, it depends on how much of the customization done will carry over.

12. tristan

tristan New Member

we cant play at runes of magic then ? the server is down ?

13. Seiichi

A major update is being worked on.

14. Manu

Manu New Member

Do you have a forecast when the server will be online?

Thank you.

15. Seiichi

It is primarily data issues that are being worked on so it's hard to give an ETA. As soon as I have a solid idea from @Light an update will be made.

16. rystar

rystar New Member

really going to enjoy this! keep up the work

17. rystar

rystar New Member

could we be updated about progress at least? i know you do not want to set dates. probably the worst thing you can do but updates of completed tasks would be nice

Manu likes this.
  18. Seiichi

We're currently working on some client issues to go with the server update, and then we'll be doing some testing.

Content is also being worked on by @erzon77.

19. Wookiee

Wookiee New Member

20. Seiichi

That's the previous maintenance time, I just haven't updated the times from the calendar as we are likely going to keep them.

When we begin internal testing with the staff I will make an announcement, and then we will shortly move onto a new beta period to find any issues with the server.

Other than the few bugs that are left to be fixed, most other things are prepared for relaunching the game. I've compiled the list of accounts that will be receiving compensation Diamonds, as well as the Bonus Diamonds for prior purchases.

21. Seiichi

Another update, we have fixed a few more client issues, and are now fixing an issue relating to textures. We are hoping this is the last bug, but we will see. I am still not going to give an ETA, just know that @Light has been working on the server non-stop since the 31st to try to get the server back online as quickly as possible for all of you.