What's new

Suggestion 'Sort' button in backpack

Dryadia

Holiday Addict
Mar 13, 2017
Please give the 'sort' button in backpack an added 'are you sure you want to do this' pop-up window option.

I keep accidentally hitting 'sort' because it's next to 'split item stack', and 'batch extraction' buttons. >.<
and it takes forever to put everything back in the order i want it.

Upvote 0

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
UI changes is one of the harder things we'll have to deal with, but we'll possibly look into this.

Dryadia

Holiday Addict
Mar 13, 2017
UI changes is one of the harder things we'll have to deal with, but we'll possibly look into this.
It happened again! There is no way to stop after it accidentally happens. :(
Can you take it out altogether?

Shawlin

Jun 17, 2017
I do not want to lose the sort function because it is a handy feature - except when hitting it by mistake. ;)

Dryadia

Holiday Addict
Mar 13, 2017
Please give the 'sort' button in backpack an added 'are you sure you want to do this' pop-up window option.

I keep accidentally hitting 'sort' because it's next to 'split item stack', and 'batch extraction' buttons. >.<
and it takes forever to put everything back in the order i want it.
This keeps happening, and i'm so frustrated! Takes hours, if not days to fix, when it happens...and i'm not the only person this happens to.

*I'm so mad i could spit!:mad:

Last edited:

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
So I'm just going to put things into perspective for people in regards to what it takes to do the UI.

It took 4 hours to add a tab ("Miscellaneous Options") and "Allow Discord to display your location" and the UI filter options to the source client. Those are literally a tab, and several checkboxes that then set an option in the configuration.

Adding a sort function prompt to the interface has a few key factors that can make it difficult, and or impossible to do. The first of which is if it is at all possible to add a prompt in the first place, and that is somewhat dependent on how they've coded the sort function and if we can call a prompt first. That is also dependent on whether or not there is a prompt in the inventory UI element, or if we can call a prompt from outside of the UI element. It is then a matter of whether or not it is possible to do the change in the source files, because the tools that have to be used do not always allow you full access when you are reverse engineering the UI files.

DP was made in such a way that rather than it being re-usable elements or assets, it is entirely hardcoded to be for specific use. We will look into it, but given how time consuming it is likely to be, it is not going to be a priority because it is not as simple as just adding a line or two to the code.

THARGOR

May 13, 2020
thx for explaining - it would be nice to have, but of course i understand its not the first priority

Kazunokun

Feb 24, 2020
Maybe it would be an option to just swap the sort button's position with the button for splitting itemstacks. Just a thought, if its still complicated, then i didn't say anything :D

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Maybe it would be an option to just swap the sort button's position with the button for splitting itemstacks. Just a thought, if its still complicated, then i didn't say anything :D
Will have to see; it's something that wouldn't happen until after we fix the source update.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks