What's new

Chat tabs

Nymbil

May 28, 2022
I read this "You can make your own tab and limit it to whatever groups you want, which is what I suggest." in another post about chat. It was closed, so I couldn't ask this question there, but what I want to know, is how?

I have been trying to figure out how to make other tabs for a while. I often miss things in chat because of all the npc chatter, especially near the moonlight ambassador. I want to see the quest chat though because sometimes the chat bubbles double over each other and the only way to get the story is to read it in chat. I would like to have a separate tab for whispers and one for npc chatter, but can't figure out how to make a new tab.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
I read this "You can make your own tab and limit it to whatever groups you want, which is what I suggest." in another post about chat. It was closed, so I couldn't ask this question there, but what I want to know, is how?

I have been trying to figure out how to make other tabs for a while. I often miss things in chat because of all the npc chatter, especially near the moonlight ambassador. I want to see the quest chat though because sometimes the chat bubbles double over each other and the only way to get the story is to read it in chat. I would like to have a separate tab for whispers and one for npc chatter, but can't figure out how to make a new tab.

Thanks in advance for any help.
I was incorrect, however it is something we may look at adding once we move chat to the new UI system we added to the game.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Okay, thanks. I look forward to the new UI.
It's not planned for a while, as it will require the source release, and we will not be working on it until after we get more immediate tasks done.

Nymbil

May 28, 2022
I figured it would be way down the line. I am just glad it is at least planned :)

Keep up the good work!

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks