What's new

Dragon's Prophet Weekly Maintenance 11/08/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Staff
We will be having our weekly routine maintenance at 7 PM PST Monday evening. During the maintenance we will be doing the following:
  • This is a larger update that is made up of 34 individual patches that provides higher quality textures of existing Dragons. This will help with general muddiness of some Dragon textures, though there are some textures that will need to be completely redone from scratch in the future to fully fix the issues with them.
    • There may be some artifacting on some textures, primarily outlining or pixelation on hair or edges of a texture. These will be looked at and fixed as we go about updating models, or releasing new Dragon textures for individual models.
Maintenance generally lasts between 1-2 hours, though we will announce in the Discord if it will take longer. You can join our Discord by going here: Join the AdeptGamer Discord Server!

Last edited:
  • Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
For those wondering, these upscaled textures are slighter higher quality than what would be available with just the high quality texture option from Dragon's Prophet (this is only available in Windows 7, or when we release the source code update).

This is not the final plan on updating textures, but given that there are about 800-900 individual textures (some are variations, but they still need to be done separately) it is difficult to do each one individually.

Our end goal is to eventually have one custom/exclusive Dragon per model, which we can then use as a basis for touching up all existing Dragons, which is why each coloring contest was a different model, and why most times our exclusive will be a different model (or a variation of the model and released as a group).

As mentioned in the original post, there may be some artifacting. With certain models this is unavoidable without doing them by hand, as the way we bulk upscaled things will not work for every possible model perfectly. This is more common with hair, or thin spikes and is usually because the original texture has no room for adjustment; I know some paragons may have an issue, but I do not know if others will or will not off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Dryadia

Holiday Addict
Mar 13, 2017
yes, i noticed the dragons texture/patterns are more vivid and defined. Looks fantastic! thank you (and Aiden)!

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
yes, i noticed the dragons texture/patterns are more vivid and defined. Looks fantastic! thank you (and Aiden)!
Aiden and I don't take credit for this, as this was mostly just a test with a program to upscale the textures and bring out details.

Aiden re-doing the individual textures would be higher quality overall, as she usually goes over and fixes any problem areas manually, rather than just applying sharpness and such.

The plan is for Aiden to go through and re-do each base texture (and possibly color textures) over time, but it is a time consuming process so this is to hold over until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks