What's new

Announcement Ongoing Disconnection Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
We have been dealing with a larger than normal DDoS attack for the last week, and it got larger today. It also was not helped by our data center doing some maintenance, putting us on a slightly smaller connection temporarily, which has been the cause of larger disconnections.

Due to the way that Dragon's Prophet is designed, it is very susceptible to DDoS attacks and is something that we are going to be looking at to optimize in the near future. Currently I have been looking at and researching options for how we can better host the server to optimize ping for our EU/APAC players.

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
To alleviate some of the stress from the ongoing DDoS attack, we have purchased an additional server to move impacted services to which should hopefully alleviate all of the current connectivity issues and the like. We are expecting the new server to be ready in a few days, so it will be added to the existing infrastructure next Monday during the routine maintenance. This should also add more stability to the server overall.

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
I got confirmation from our data center that our server will be delivered later today; it will still need to be provisioned and added to the current setup next maintenance, but the lag and other issues should mostly abate after that.

THARGOR

May 13, 2020
any chance to do some additional maintanenance to bring it up earlier? cuz those ping- and disconnection issues make it unplayable sometimes in the last few days.
anyways i hope it will be solved with the new server, good luck with that

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
any chance to do some additional maintanenance to bring it up earlier? cuz those ping- and disconnection issues make it unplayable sometimes in the last few days.
anyways i hope it will be solved with the new server, good luck with that
The server still needs to be provisioned and setup, so by the time that is done it would already almost be time for maintenance on Monday.

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
With the recent infrastructure changes we shouldn't be having any more stability issues from the DDoS attack, though I will continue to monitor things. If nothing happens over the next few days, leading up until Monday, we will begin making plans for the source update again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks