What's new

Announcement Unannounced Downtime 12/16/2021

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Due to severe weather (including several tornado warnings) there was a power failure in the data center, as well as several outages leading to and from the data center that prevented the server from going back online.

Because of this it was recommended to keep the server offline until power was completely back in place (and not on generators or backup systems).

Dragon's Prophet is currently having to be turned back online, and will be up in a hour or two as it goes through the startup process (likely around 12-1PM Pacific Time).

Last edited:
  • Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
The server is now back online, I will be putting up James Brown until Maintenance.

I also got a full break down of what happened to cause the outage to this extent:
  • Weather took out power at multiple points (including the data center)
  • Weather caused trees to get uprooted which took out the natural gas line, which provides fuel to the generator.
  • Due to lack of fuel, the data center only provides power to the most critical of systems (security/emergency systems such as fire suppression) and essential clients (banking/government/medical/major enterprise).
Stealth and I are going to discuss some improvements that can be made on our end to help in the case of such issues coming again.

Last edited:

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks