What's new

Dragon Preview Amaguq, the Frostborn Predator

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Amaguq is a new Dragon by @Aiden based off of Zios, though some of the armor has been removed. The name comes from the Inuit god of the same name as it is a wolf god, and also the god of Tricksters. This originally started as an act of science to prepare the model for another concept, but ended up being completed as it's own release.

Players who have Amaguq will get the title "The Wolf of Winter". This Dragon will also come with the Adept Dragon Tamer skill.

If you are interested in getting early previews on what @Aiden is working on, or want to help support her to do dragons more often you can follow or support her Patreon here: https://www.patreon.com/user/posts?u=20328797

Attachments

• Amaguq-1.jpg
    Amaguq-1.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 14,572
  • Amaguq-5.jpg
    Amaguq-5.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 245
  • Amaguq-4.jpg
    Amaguq-4.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 225
  • Amaguq-3.jpg
    Amaguq-3.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 228
  • Amaguq-2.jpg
    Amaguq-2.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 237

InIllusion

May 14, 2020
Really awesome! Could it be added not as an ancient, but as a skytouched dragon please? I would need its help in every dungeon then))

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Really awesome! Could it be added not as an ancient, but as a skytouched dragon please? I would need its help in every dungeon then))
Do you mean as intelligence based? Regardless it needs to use the family type as Ancient so the skills are going to be Ancient ones.

As far as release goes, I do not know when this will come out as we are working on a few other things that are going to be announced soon.

InIllusion

May 14, 2020
Do you mean as intelligence based? Regardless it needs to use the family type as Ancient so the skills are going to be Ancient ones.

As far as release goes, I do not know when this will come out as we are working on a few other things that are going to be announced soon.
This is the point - it can look like an ancient, but be released and assigned to a skytouched type, intelligence based, and will also have the skills from skytouched. Or does it cause troubles with animation? Because we have a lot of great Fabled to debuff, Horses transformations to run, Oriental to fly, but we do not have even one intelligent based dragon to have it as a permanent companion (except of two phantoms, but I do not know people who use phantoms as the main companion). The models from Aiden are really great)) Maybe she will have a bit time also for the windriders or skytouched?

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Several of the exclusive Dragons have been int based, they just do not have the Skytouched skills.

The issue with what you are asking is the way that Dragons are implemented; changing the stat scaling is different from changing how the Dragon works in general. I've never attempted the second, so do not know if it is possible, and if it would not have issues. There was a period where RuneWake Dragon was incredibly broken and could one shot most things because it had int scaling.

I may look at playing around with it, but it would likely not be for this Dragon.

Nymbil

May 28, 2022
Wow, amazing work! I just found out about all this, so glad to get back to the game and see it is getting new content!

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks