What's new
  • Staff
If you are having issues with disconnecting and reconnecting to the server right now, please follow the instructions here and send it to me on Discord in PM or through the ticket system.

The issue seems to be related to routing, so not everyone is being affected and it is out of our direct control. I need the logs from the link above so that I can give them to our data center so they can look at any issues.

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
We had an issue with an upstream network device that effecting some of our ranges.
An emergency routing change was made to alleviate the issue with the upstream device issue for which a long term solution will be implemented as soon as possible. We do apologize for this brief issue today.

Here is a response from our data center regarding the issue.

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Data center is or was dealing with large scale DDoS attacks, which was affecting the upstream provider. It should be resolved now, however there may be some issues with it again.

I am going to be talking to them about possibly moving to a different data center, which may require us to have a few days of downtime in the future.

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
I just got off a call with our hosting service, and they stated that they are working on remedying some of the issues that we have been experiencing, and that they hope to have it done within the month. I am going to give them until early to mid July, and if the improvements are not enough we will look at moving to another data center that they offer services at.

The issue with moving to another provider all together is that they are either less reliable, have poor support, or their prices are massively higher. Most services that can match the check boxes we require are 2-3x more expensive, or would require splitting things over more servers and paying more for a VLAN setup as they only offer it on some services and not all of them. The issue is less with the provider, and more with the specific data center we are at and also their upstream provider. The provider we use has increased their presence at the location we host at, which should give them more leverage with both the upstream provider and data center.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks