What's new

Suggestion Cutting Back on the RNG / Micro-Transactions

Aiden

The Sparkle Mom
Jan 13, 2018
As much as I enjoyed this game in the past, coming back to it and having to deal with some of this game's many issues again has reminded me about one of the things that was so off-putting to alot people : over-used amounts of RNG in the game, that are more often than not, also paired with micro-transactions.

Having RNG is necessary in certain places, like with Dungeon/ Boss loot and the like, but there are a good number of things that I think the RNG/micro-transactions should be cut down on, if not cut out entirely. As it is now, even when the game 'rewards' you, it doesn't feel satisfying because more often then not, you have to go through another loop of RNG to even have a chance at getting what you want/need. And more often than not (at least with luck like mine), you're likely to just have your time wasted and/or left feeling disappointed. All of this, I've found to be more and more of a turn-off than anything else.

Here's just a list of examples of some things that I think could use the RNG factor and/or Micro-Transactions either cut down or removed.

Note: all of these suggestions are not factoring in the possibility of any reworks that these systems may get in the future

-Dragon Field Training - when trying to transfer skills. Sure, you have things like Academy Training Whips / Skill Crystals - but regular whips (which you can sometimes get from logins or achievements) and the 3 free training attempts you get daily are more often a waste of time than anything. I remember hearing stories of ppl going through 'dry spells' where it would be weeks in between times a single skill transfer. Something like this I don't think the RNG should be completely removed, just maybe the chance of success being a little higher.

-Dragon Arena - most of the time I do any fighting in the arena, it's not to try and get the highest rank that I can, it's to fight certain dragons in order to get stars for the compendium, which are used for both achievements, unlocking access to dragon family evo skillbooks, and obtaining more dragon runes / elements. Yet the more you fight, the higher your rank becomes, and the more the RNG keeps giving you the same players over and over when you refresh it.

Sometimes you will have a person willing to put the dragons on the team that you need, yet you don't have the luxury of being able to use that handy little search bar without either being charged diamonds, or having to use the 'Challenge By Name' items. Which means if you don't want to pay diamonds/use those items, you'll have to sit there and spam the refresh and hope you the find player you need, or that they can find and challenge you first so you can at least challenge them via counterattacks.

For something like this, I think the diamond cost / 'challenge by name' items should be just straight up removed. Let us search for players as we want - there is already a cool-down timer for how frequently we can challenge a player, so in my eyes the diamond charge / item is not necessary to have. Being able to input a set of ranks to search within would also be a nice thing to have.

-Title Promoters - in my experience, these things aren't the most common things to come by - rarely an achievement reward, and rarely dropped during extracting gear. Titles may not be a priority, but as someone who would like to work towards unlocking transformations (especially the ones I previously had in NA) - these things frustrate me, simply due to their low chance at succeeding in leveling up even a Lv1 title. I think either these should be much easier to obtain, or their success rate needs to be greatly increased, if not have 100% chance to work.

Here's an example of my luck with Title Promoters in NA - out of 50 promoters, only 2 worked
failed_titles.jpg

- Dungeon Ancients - Dungeon Ancients have gotten easier to deal with and obtain with the introduction of eggs, but overall it is more enjoyable to be able to find these dragons while yer out actually playing the game. It would be nice if they had a slightly higher base spawn chance, as currently you are HIGHLY unlikely to ever see one if you don't have at least 300 dungeon points in that zone. At the VERY least, having some sort of visible counter In-game that lets you know how many points you have currently for that zone's dungeon ancient - which is something we currently don't have and have to keep track of ourselves.

- Sealed Items - whether it be flutes, Skyhammer gachas from Guild Bosses, Sky Island PE rewards, etc... there are a good number of items that require Seal-Breaking Scale Powders to use, and more often than not, its simply to unlock another RNG-based lootbox that is more likely to leave you feeling more disappointed than anything. The powders aren't the easiest things to come by, especially in large quantities, no where compared to the rate at which you're likely to obtain sealed items. Sealed Flutes, I don't understand why these exist other than to just clutter up drop-tables and to just be a crappier drop than unsealed flutes, because to me, they seem to have the same chance at summoning ancients as unsealed ones do. Skyhammer Gachas really shouldn't require 2 powders to open either, in my opinion - seeing as it's pretty unlikely that you'll get the thing you want - the skyhammer egg. Most of the time I get sealed items I just sell them or throw em away, because to me they're mostly a waste of time and powders. Either powders need to be waaayyyy more common, or sealed items just need to go.

- Gear Enhancing, Stat Transferring, - To me it feels like you're essentially gambling yer gold, Dragon Insignia, and/or Diamonds when trying attempting to improve your gear or to try and get a stat you want on them. I don't know about other people, but I'm simply just not fond of gambling. I'm sure there is something crafting-related too that I was going to put in this section, but I don't know enough about crafting to do so.

I'm sure there are more things I could add to the list, but this post is already long enough lol. This was mostly a list of things that I put together as I remembered / encountered them playing in this server. The overall goal in mind is to make the game feel more rewarding for the players, as right now many things that are supposed to be good, rewarding, or progressive just feel like you have to go through more gambling just to get something worthwhile or make any progress. I guess it's fine and all for the people out there who love to gamble, but for people like me, it just gets really old really quick.

I'd be interested to know other people's thoughts on the subject - do you agree? disagree? Have anything else that you think should be added to the list?

Upvote 0

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
A lot of these are things that were already discussed because of how bad the systems are.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks