What's new

Dragon Conversion Wishlist

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
This thread is a place where you can post dragons that are available as NPC, and that you wish to obtain as an actual Dragon later on in game.

Things such as Doom Dragons, Lokfear, the Corrupted Raptor in Juno Crystal Gallery aren't options either because of different bone structures, or bugs.

Corrupted Dragons, as long as they have a relatively standard Dragon model, are possible but will require some model changes which will make them less important to being added.

The name is required, or the location for Dragons without names.

Upvote 0

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Vita the Stalwart shield!
mini-boss of DHT with appearence of vuironhide dragon :)
We had already tested Vita the Stalwart shield, but we need to get a mount bone on him for him to work; other than that he works entirely.

Shautru

Mar 12, 2019
How about his guy? Eveen the something or other. In Sitheran, he has Warthorne's beads just diff color.

WiVDm27.png

He's where the char icon shows on the map below (on top of the dome)
cSMUV0x.png

Exceddius

Oct 11, 2017
As for Diodus, the problem is that you have to cut his hair... Because the hair hide the rider.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
um are we discussing the aquire'g of this dragon??
These are for dragons that we will potentially look at making available to players, so people are putting the ones they want on the list.

Zalari

Feb 7, 2020
It's virtually impossible, but the one dragon which I have always wished were obtainable is Mezani the Shrouded Spines, the third boss in Shrine of Handras.

Silaries

Feb 21, 2020
I wonder if it were possible to make custom models or modify existing models, I know it works with other games like ARK where I did some modelling and modding for but DP...?

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
I wonder if it were possible to make custom models or modify existing models, I know it works with other games like ARK where I did some modelling and modding for but DP...?
We can, the problem is we need to figure out the exporter tool, as DP uses a custom model format which complicates things.

Silaries

Feb 21, 2020
We can, the problem is we need to figure out the exporter tool, as DP uses a custom model format which complicates things.

Yeah that of course complicates things, having that figured out would open many doors and make a lot of modellers and animators happy haha

Grigori

Apr 24, 2020
How possible is Shadow of Hadubis and Yermizaar the final undead hydra boss from Dunar Temple?
Always kinda expected they would add him themselves considering Death Knell and Lokfear but it never happened.

Aiden

The Sparkle Mom
Jan 13, 2018
How possible is Shadow of Hadubis and Yermizaar the final undead hydra boss from Dunar Temple?
Always kinda expected they would add him themselves considering Death Knell and Lokfear but it never happened.
Unfortunately, that's not possible to have as a player dragon right now. In order for a dragon to be usable by the player, it's rig needs a specific node on it where the player gets attached to when you mount it. Most npcs/boss rigs do not have this node, and we can't change it and get it properly functioning in-game without a working exporter.

Grigori

Apr 24, 2020
Unfortunately, that's not possible to have as a player dragon right now. In order for a dragon to be usable by the player, it's rig needs a specific node on it where the player gets attached to when you mount it. Most npcs/boss rigs do not have this node, and we can't change it and get it properly functioning in-game without a working exporter.
I understand. I assumed it was probably not on the table for the time being, but its nice to know why and have a sense of how it works. Maybe one day.
I appreciate the explanation.

WyvernWarrior

May 20, 2020
There's a red version of Silverthorn in Olandra, IDK it'd be possible tho since it's just laying there and may not be an NPC.
DragonsProphet_20200618_130246.jpg

DragonsProphet_20200618_130302.jpg

There is a similar model in Dunar Temple as a rare miniboss that spawns between the 2nd and 3rd bosses with the Dragon's Dispare and Dragon Rage Skytouched elite mobs, it may be called Dragon's Sigh but I'm not sure (no pics sorry)

There's also a Razorspine mob in Tempest Gorge in Olandra called "Sentinal of Akeno" but it's spines are probably too long and would clip through the player... ouch...

DragonsProphet_20200618_181217.jpg

DragonsProphet_20200618_181254.jpg

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
We'll do some science later.

We're currently packing the data for two new dragons, and then three Balge variations.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks