- Oct 20, 2016
This was an older idea that I had discussed with @Aiden, @Vipera and @22RII which was to create coloring pages so that we could run contests where players could color them and present Aiden with some color options or ideas for patterns to potentially be used for new dragons.
With the addition of @Sovi for merchandise and concept art, she decided that she wanted to help out by presenting players a chance to color in the Phantasma model so we can start adding some additional Phantoms (@Walkinshadows told you you would get a surprise soon).
To enter this event you can either digitally color the picture (we will include a full canvas, or a PSD) or you can print out and color a 8.5x11 traditionally. There are no maximum number of entries for people to submit, but you can only win one reward.
We will be accepting submissions until July 1st, and afterwards we will choose three winners from all the submissions. Due to how long it takes to create the textures it may be a few months until they're ready for release in the game. We also may bring more than the three winning concepts in game.
When submitting your colored concept keep the following points in mind:
- Try to be clean as possible with your coloring
- Be careful with the colors you use (do not do very subtle changes in shade or hues)
- Do not go over the top on patterns, or get overly complicated with them
- Do not make additions to the model itself as we currently cannot do customization of the model (no additional horns, spikes or anything else of the sort)
- Original concepts that are different from existing Phantoms, or different from existing Dragons are more likely to stand out
- Please try to include a color swatch of colors used so we can sample when doing the texture