What's new

Dragon's Prophet Weekly Maintenance 11/16/2020 *UPDATE YOUR CLIENT*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
We will be having our weekly routine maintenance at 7 PM PST Monday evening. During the maintenance we will be doing the following:
  • Migration to new server hardware. You must run the launcher so that you are using the new configuration. I will be updating the DNS so it points to the new server, but that can take up to 48-72 hours to update for slower ISP.
Maintenance generally lasts between 1-2 hours, though we will announce in the Discord if it will take longer. You can join our Discord by going here: Join the AdeptGamer Discord Server!

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
If you have any issues connecting to the new server, you may can may need to change your client.ini to one of these options:
Code:
dp.adept.llc
server.dragonsprophet.online
You also may need to do the following on slower internet providers:
  1. While on the desktop, press Windows Key and type CMD.
  2. Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
  3. Type ipconfig /release in the command prompt.
  4. Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been released.
  5. Type ipconfig /renew in the command prompt.
  6. Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been re-established.
  7. Type ipconfig /flushdns in the command prompt.
  8. Close the command prompt and attempt to make a connection.

Galban

May 13, 2020
Hello Seiichi..

After updating client I only have an english interface. I stopped the game and restart the client..
The client shows me, that I use the german interface. But when I click on start all I get is english text in the game.

Did I do something wrong?

Last edited:

Lozalis

Jul 19, 2020
Hello,

I have a question/problem here :

When I start the launcher, l have a new message "script error", and when I launch the game, I cannot connect to the server.
I have try the two options (client.ini and code), but it doesn't seems to be very effective...

I maybe have forgotten something

Do I have to re-download the game?

Aug 18, 2020
Hello Seiichi..

After updating client I only have an english interface. I stopped the game and restart the client..
The client shows me, that I use the german interface. But when I click on start all I get is english text in the game.

me to :)

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Hello,

I have a question/problem here :

When I start the launcher, l have a new message "script error", and when I launch the game, I cannot connect to the server.
I have try the two options (client.ini and code), but it doesn't seems to be very effective...

I maybe have forgotten something

Do I have to re-download the game?
You can just press yes, and ignore that.

For the 'connecting' issue, it's due to DNS, and you may have to wait till propogation finishes for your ISP.

Originally we were using a new DNS option, but Cloudflare didn't pass the DNS properly so we released a new update to fix it.
Hello Seiichi..

Changed language settings to English started game,
Closed game,
Changed launcher back to German.

Those are what someone else did to fix the issue. We tried to update the client.ini to minimize DNS issues for people but... DP updates the whole file and not just one line.

Sorry for the inconvnenience.

Lozalis

Jul 19, 2020
Thanks Seiichi, my problem seems to be solved, I just had to wait a bit and it worked again :)

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Thanks Seiichi, my problem seems to be solved, I just had to wait a bit and it worked again :)
Yep, DNS propogation can take up to ~72 hours, which we were trying to avoid, but you know... :) nothing ever goes right with DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks