What's new

Announcement XP Orb Wipe

Should we wipe the server due to XP orbs being given out?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Due to the issue with XP orbs that were given during testing following through to the official re-launch, we are giving players an option as to whether or not to wipe the server and restart it.

This poll will only run until tomorrow at 12 PST, after which we will be making the decision that the community comes up with.

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
My personal opinion is that a wipe should occur because the majority of people will be left out, and rather than reporting many players used the orbs first to get an advantage.

While it is our oversight that caused the issue, because people took advantage of it first it has left us only the option to wipe, or deal with complaints until March, and possibly after. We've already gotten 5 complaints, and when there are very few people registered on the game, that is a problem as the newer players will also likely raise that same complaint.

TheMentalist

Nov 12, 2016
i will be honest as usual, i choose for a WIPE. Its honest to all players/Donators. If players start to look into forum there can be a lot of mail traffic if they found out what happend.I was also upset after i hear whats happend. If the wipe is done, everybody can see this server will be honest to all players.
That there is a difference between players and donators is understandable. players who not donate play on the wallet from donators. Thats why i think donators get specials its ok for me.

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
i will be honest as usual, i choose for a WIPE. Its honest to all players/Donators. If players start to look into forum there can be a lot of mail traffic if they found out what happend.I was also upset after i hear whats happend. If the wipe is done, everybody can see this server will be honest to all players.
That there is a difference between players and donators is understandable. players who not donate play on the wallet from donators. Thats why i think donators get specials its ok for me.
The XP orbs had nothing to do with donations, with being testers, or being mentors. Literally it was just an oversight in our wipe where we didn't remove something and it carried over between the test server and this one.

We'll just consider this a extended beta test for everyone, and do a wipe tomorrow as I do not believe the poll will change more than it has.

edit: counting your vote as two due to your son. I am also excluding Kratozz's vote unless they can prove there are two separate people at their IP address, and are not voting twice to skew the poll.

Any cheating in the poll and I will automatically discount all votes from that person.

Last edited:

Kratox

Kratox twitch. https://www.twitch.tv/masterofmusic
Sep 28, 2016
in my opinion, its always a fair start to wipe from a testing phase... and like others say there wil be people plvling :)

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
@kratozz @kleytton just lowered the count down to 6 votes for now, and because he tried to register two additional more accounts to rig the poll we will now be wiping tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks