What's new

Snake Pest

Just a little festive
May 13, 2020
So excited for the source update, can't wait to see if I will be able to get above 15 FPS when it comes out, thanks for the much hard work

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
So excited for the source update, can't wait to see if I will be able to get above 15 FPS when it comes out, thanks for the much hard work
The optimizations we have done will still be very dependent on your GPU/CPU; it basically just removes what was bottlenecking modern CPU/GPU, and allows for things within the last 5 years to actually run at a semi-decent frame rate.

We are considering a way to get more performance, but it requires redoing the entire structure and method of packing and accessing textures and data. Other than that we have basically ruled out any more possible performance improvements that can be done.

Snake Pest

Just a little festive
May 13, 2020
The optimizations we have done will still be very dependent on your GPU/CPU; it basically just removes what was bottlenecking modern CPU/GPU, and allows for things within the last 5 years to actually run at a semi-decent frame rate.

We are considering a way to get more performance, but it requires redoing the entire structure and method of packing and accessing textures and data. Other than that we have basically ruled out any more possible performance improvements that can be done.
I guess my smart toilet is mostly the issue then, still hopeful about it tho

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks