What's new

Advice for Starting

stardiver

Aug 30, 2024
I'm looking to play as a Ranger. Does have advice for good stat builds for using gunblades? It's been a long time since I played, and I was wondering how much the stats really mattered.

Neoseptem

Just a little festive
Feb 9, 2022
Not exactly advice for ranger since I got no clue how to play but some general stuff.
After tutorial you get a gift package containing lv60 potion - either use it if you know how to play and just want to level-up fast or if you're new, don't use it and level normally. Got higher XP rate so leveling is pretty decent (until you reach lv91 then it slows to a crawl - same issue on official way back).

WhyteWulfe

Feb 16, 2023
Go full ferocity until you get the end game equipment. Then 160 strength/161 ferocity. After you get the end game equipment, the stats on the gear will help with your ferocity. Then you can split your character points to be put into strength to increase your base physical damage and physical defense. In my experience so far, the gunblades do have a higher base damage but the bow gets more critical hits in. (Btw the gunblade and shield is orange and nearly has maxed stats and the bow is purple and untouched) You'd think with the shield you could survive a little better but not really. I can survive just as well with the bow as I can with the gunblade and shield. Side note, hollar in game on world chat or find one of us degens to join DragonMasters. We've got some good people in the guild that can help you out.

Nyteshade

May 25, 2024
Unless you just really like the gun aspect of the build, the bow is better for leveling. Gunblade is useful in pvp also but not much of that happening. You can play with the gun just make sure you have a good dragon to help back you up with dps. There may also be some advantages to doing the weapon switch to use both bow and gun skills but I haven't experimented with that yet.

Yes join Dragon Masters. its the active guild here.

If you are hoping for more survivability with the shield, its better to get a dragon with healing skills. Either the soul skills you trigger or the dragon skills it triggers and use bow to increase dps. Play with it at your side.

Stats matter. While leveling, I agree with going full fero and changing when you get end game gear.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks