What's new

Event Completed Dragon's Prophet Coloring Event: Pony aka Mythical

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
WhiteStallion.png

To enter this event you can digitally color the either White Stallion or Frightmare (we will include a full canvas, or a PSD). There are no maximum number of entries for people to submit, but you can only win one reward.

We will be accepting submissions until December 1st, and afterwards we will choose the winners from all the submissions. Due to how long it takes to create the textures it may be a few months until they're ready for release in the game. We also may bring more than the three winning concepts in game.

When submitting your colored concept keep the following points in mind:
  • Try to be clean as possible with your coloring
  • Be careful with the colors you use (do not do very subtle changes in shade or hues)
  • Do not go over the top on patterns, or get overly complicated with them
  • Do not make additions to the model itself as we currently cannot do customization of the model (no additional horns, spikes or anything else of the sort)
  • Original concepts that are different from existing Mythical, or different from existing Dragons are more likely to stand out
  • Please try to include a color swatch of colors used so we can sample when doing the texture
To enter the event add your entries into this album on the gallery: Dragon's Prophet Coloring Event: Mythical

Attachments

• WhiteStallion.psd
    2.1 MB · Views: 483
  • WhiteStallion_Transparent.png
    WhiteStallion_Transparent.png
    144.2 KB · Views: 410
  • WhiteStallion_RegionMapped.psd
    3.3 MB · Views: 466
  • Frightmare.png
    Frightmare.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 334
  • Frightmare_RegionMapped.psd
    2.7 MB · Views: 453
  • Frightmare.psd
    1.6 MB · Views: 404
  • Frightmare_Transparent.png
    Frightmare_Transparent.png
    117 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
  • Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Yes, we're doing another coloring event before we start on the Phantoms from the last event? Why? Because there have been way to many Dragons for Aiden to do that were seasonal or requested, and we will finish up with the backlog by January and can start fitting in new dragons then.

We're not offering 8.5x11 as most people didn't do a physical coloring page.

Yes there are two possible options, and we may or may not choose winners for both separately. We also do not know if it will be 3 winners, or like what we did before.

Yes the contest is much shorter... Waiting a full month for the contest to end was hell and there were a lot of submissions. I also wanted to get the contest finished before the Christmas season gets in full swing, as we may or may not do a Christmas decorating contest for houses or apartments.\

EDIT: We've added a region-mapped version of White Stallion, so that it is easier to color for beginners.

EDIT2: We've added a region-mapped version of Frightmare, so that it is easier to color for beginners.

Last edited:

Dryadia

Holiday Addict
Mar 13, 2017

EDIT: We've added a region-mapped version of White Stallion, so that it is easier to color for beginners.

EDIT2: We've added a region-mapped version of Frightmare, so that it is easier to color for beginners.
would you please also make them .jpg files?
I can't get them to open, and don't know how to convert them to use in my paint program.
Thank you:D

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
would you please also make them .jpg files?
I can't get them to open, and don't know how to convert them to use in my paint program.
Thank you:D
I will do that a bit later tonight then.

Attachments

• Frightmare.jpg
    Frightmare.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 307
  • WhiteStallion.jpg
    WhiteStallion.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 390

Corv

Aug 19, 2020
question.png
Question:

If an accurate BASE color swatch for each section is provided for the devs, can we have fun shading the picture itself for the contest? For people who like coloring stuff, since the game's rendering will take care of the actual shading anyway. Nothing overboard, but maybe some simple flat shading like on the round guy here?

QYKcYOe.png

Last edited:
  • Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
question.png
Question:

If an accurate BASE color swatch for each section is provided for the devs, can we have fun shading the picture itself for the contest? For people who like coloring stuff, since the game's rendering will take care of the actual shading anyway. Nothing overboard, but maybe some simple flat shading like on the round guy here?

QYKcYOe.png
Sure, the thing is it may not look like that in the end when it is in game. For some of the submissions there are things we like in one or two models and we will end up combining it into one Dragon when it is in game.

The rules are more so that people do not do things that make it impossible for us to score or compare to other models.

Corv

Aug 19, 2020
I see. Fun shall be had, then. I'll still include the other colors I used for shading in case someone else wants to play with them. Give me more dragons to design. Don't even care if any of my crap gets picked since this was fun to do.
nice.png

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
I see. Fun shall be had, then. I'll still include the other colors I used for shading in case someone else wants to play with them. Give me more dragons to design. Don't even care if any of my crap gets picked since this was fun to do.
nice.png
I plan to try to have one contest every 4 months or so, and eventually we'd put all the pages together as a printed coloring book for people, or potentially a coloring app so that the pages do not go to waste.

Trista

May 14, 2020
Sorry but I want to ask if there's limit of upload pictures? I try many times but I can't upload them today. (But yesterday I can upload...?)
upload_2020-11-19_0-57-29.png

Trista

May 14, 2020
I try to restart the phone and it can successfully upload! Sorry for the bother!> <

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-19-05-22-38-80.png
    Screenshot_2020-11-19-05-22-38-80.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 343

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
This contest will be ending tonight.

Kitalia

Holiday Addict
Apr 11, 2017
Hope this is ok..

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 318
  • 2.png
    2.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 309
  • 3.png
    3.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 4.png
    4.png
    70 KB · Views: 300
  • f1.png
    f1.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 321
  • f2.png
    f2.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 323
  • f3.png
    f3.png
    150.6 KB · Views: 193
  • f4.png
    f4.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 307

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Let the contest run for a few more days so any stragglers could get their submissions in. I have now closed the album and we will figure out which submissions we will choose for winners.

Once we have a selection, I will choose how we do the rewards so it may be like last time where we have 3 winners in 3 separate tiers.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
This hasn't been forgotten; @Vipera and @Aiden have chosen their choices, I just have to do mine which will be in a day or so as I've obviously been busy with the site stuff.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks