What's new

Many questions (help pls)

1) What is the best attribute for a Hydra from egg? I'm a lvl 63 Sorcerer.

• Focus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragon Affinity

• Strength

• Intelligence

• Ferocity

• Total voters

AncientOne

Just a little festive
Dec 10, 2022
Hello!

As a returning player, I decided to be more careful than before when it comes to strategy, dragon stats, damage, etc.
So I want to learn a lot of things, but I don't find all the answers I need on google nor youtube.
After coming back I got also idea of trying to obtain things I couldn't get before, but I can't find details on google/yt either...

So here are my questions:

1) What is the best attribute for a Hydra from egg?
(I'm planning to incubate one, but idk what attribute to select between Focus, Dragon Affinity, Constitution, Strength, Intelligence, Ferocity). I'm a lvl 63 Sorcerer. And idk if I need a damage hydra or assist hydra, or something that can do both. I just need something strong that can help me and be compatible with it's abilities etc.

2) How to deal damage?
(I've always been weak in this game. No matter how many years I have been playing, I can't one-shot my ennemies, I can't do anything. I'm level 63 Sorcerer and I barely can kill level 50 ennemies with my right click...)

3) How to farm Balge? How does the dungeon system works (I know about the points, but need details)?
I've been on Dragon's Prophet Wiki many times, without finding the exact answer I needed. When I mean "how to farm Balge", I mean "do I need to wait for the boss to respawn so I can go kill it again and hope for Balge to spawn at Aryna's Lair?" OR "do I need to just go back in the end of the dungeon even if I already killed everyone?". I need more details on this one please, because the other day I tried to farm him, and I thought I was doing things wrong and losing my time for nothing at Nyrol's Nest.

4) How long does it take to farm Laedis set? Is it worth?
The last time I looked the list of things I needed to farm, it just made me feel lazy and I closed the game (yes, I some kind of ragequitted xD) (PS: I've never farmed Laedis set ever, so yeah...)

I still have more and more questions, but I feel like 4 is too much already. But I really hope someone will answer.
I never crafted any item in my hours of Dragon's Prophet, nor cooked anything either. I just recently discovered that we can put dye on our costumes, which is a thing I didn't know about. I hope you will help me to find answers to those questions, and more details about everything. Have a nice day!

Silvally

Jul 14, 2021
1) Dragons in general aren't very good at dealing damage, so you're better off building it as a support.
For a Hydra I would go for Constitution for extra HP or Focus for more Physical Defense
Hydras are mostly used for their ability to aggro a large number of enemies at once with the Mind Impact evolution skill, which is very handy for farming stuff and clearing dungeons quickly, but for it to work well your hydra needs survivability.

2) This is mostly something to worry about once you're at level 108, but to boost your damage you'll want to:
- Farm Shards - they may not seem like much at first but once you start upgrading them and stacking large shards you'll see the difference it makes

- Craft items - the idea here is to get orange rarity items (jewelry, weapon, off hand and cloak), takes quite a few resources to do so but it is worth it. Invasive Catalyst (10% purity) should be added when crafting weapon to increase damage value

- Enhance your weapon's damage value

- Overstat your gear - this is how you get high stats on your items

- Build certain dragons - they won't contribute to your damage nearly as much as what was mentioned above, but they'll still help you in some specific ways. As a sorcerer you'll want to prioritize Skytouched and Windrider. A Fabled Ancient will also help you a little
Skytouched will help you stay alive and will boost your damage when mounted
Windrider will also boost your damage when you mount them, and they can debuff opponent's defense
Fabled Ancient dragons have an evolution skill that increases damage taken by enemies, they don't boost your damage as much as the two mentioned above, but it is still nice to have if you want to maximize your damage.

You can start working on your dragons now, but as i said above you don't want to craft or upgrade items before you're level 108 as they'll quickly become obsolete

3) (Note: I'm not 100% sure on this, if anyone know more and wants to correct me or add info please do)
If I recall correctly Balge only spawns on Nyrol's Nest on this server, to get him you need to defeat the boss and hope he spawns. If he doesn't, reset the dungeon and try again. He is not on the point system so you can't get the bonus by reaching 300 points, you'll always be fighting against the 0.06%/0.12% spawn odds
You're probably better off farming for Balge's egg on Dunar Temple or similar dungeons

4) Never bothered about Laedis set so I don't know a lot about them
What I know is that the 94 set is relatively easy to get, you can even get it solo with a reasonable amount of farming
The 102 set however takes a ridiculous amount of crafting and grinding some obscenely difficult dungeons.

You should look into maxing your crafting skills, you'll need it sooner or later

Hope this helps you

Neoseptem

Just a little festive
Feb 9, 2022
Just some additions to Silvally's post who already explained everything very thoroughly.^^

1. The Skill combo you want to use on a Hydra is Forbidden Roar + Mind Impact (evo skill). Forbidden Roar is an AoE defense buff for players but the evo skill adds an AoE debuff for enemies as well that got quite the range. People simply summon their Hydra in the middle of a room to aggro everything with Forbidden Roar, then summon their usual dragon and kill stuff.

2. Check your skills as well, certain builds are better than others and most people got multiple mastery trees to switch inbetween, either to buff their damage or use certain skills.

3. Yes, Balge is NOT on the point system (some problems getting it to work from what I read) and spawns with the usual percentages in Nyrols nest. Though he got two chances to spawn, once when entering the dungeon and passing a trigger point on the way and the second one after boss kill.

4. Lv94 set can be farmed solo, though it will take time. Lv102 you still need people to help. Also the 102 dungeons aren't that difficult but annoying due to their mechanics.

Nam N.

Jul 3, 2021
Hydra has a good riding skill that give you alot of focus as offmount buff (stacking in about 15s of riding, offmount buff will be 1-2k focus depend on skill level, your charisma and the focus of hydra), it s hard to be useful on magic class anyway. And the fastest way for a Balge atm is .. just hatching, there s too many purple eggs that have Balge in egg-pool (egg of juno, dunar, accursed tower etc and etc), if you ask for one free Balge egg you will prob get .. a dozen.

AncientOne

Just a little festive
Dec 10, 2022
Hello guys I'm back and alive and everything and I wanted to thank you for the help and infos, and here have some news:

1) About Hydra
, I found lot of people who dropped me some interesting builds, and since this dragon has balanced stats by default, I'll listen to you and put Constitution and add some passive buffing skills like the ones that give +20% strength, +20% intelligence etc. I'm planning to make mostly a team of dragons I can mount because for now this is my only way to be strong. Yet I barely survived the 2 last dungeons at Inartia xD... Needed help from my Guild chef lol

I've looked up also some interesting abilities for Hydra in plus of Forbidden roar/Mind impact, abilities like Destruction interest me a lot, as it probably has a link with an evolution skill too, thanks!

2) About how to deal damage, as I was speedrunning from Puretia to Inartia, I got at some point the mastery guy so I unlocked the 3rd category of abilities - Riemist / Haberace ways etc. I do not know which one is the best, because one is super defensive and keeps me alive, but other one deals TONS of damage but I instantly die to my enemies without my shield.

Shards - I heard we can mix them, or idk how it is called, fusion them, I will try to look this up. I have a lot of them, and I've accidentally put one on an equipment, and it showed me "-100% damage", so I removed it instantly with panick xD

Craft items - Omg I was about to complain but then I went trying it, and looked the guide you sent me. THIS IS SO FUN, I have the feeling I'm starting playing the game finally omg xD And it's easy to level this up, I'm already around level 20 in almost all categories, thank you so much for the links!!!

Enhancing - I will look this out later when I will have 83 lvl weapons :D ty a lot

Overstating my gear, I'll look it later too

About dragons I mostly want to make a various team, skytouched dragons ofc, fabled ones (combat mount), hydra (same), paragon (cute whispering cloudstrider doggo yes yes), eastern, aqua, etc...

Well I'm already feeling like I'm myself becoming obsolete, I can't do anything against elite enemies in dungeons of lvl70 (as a lvl 83 xD). And I've already started putting abilities on dragons, and maxing them the best I can. I found a bunch of dragons with cool damage abilities, exactly what I needed for my Paragon.

3) About Balge, lmao I just forgot about his existence, but yeah I'll farm at Dunar ty, it seems easier than Aryna's Lair or Nyrol's Nest, it's almost harder than getting a shiny pokemon xD

And I don't like asking eggs from people, I prefer to farm them myself, idk I want to feel rewarded for my efforts. Even if it will take centuries and dinosaurs will have time to go extinct 2152157863 times xD Ooor if I can buy this egg, but it would cost a gigantic amount of coins, oooh you are giving me ideas now. Omw to farm a little million now hehe

4) I'm starting getting closer to farm this Laedis set, I'm at the same time hyped and not hyped xD My time to suffer has come, and I'll drag friends with me!! Muahaha I'm so evil lul

(also sorry for my reply delay, when I saw all the list of things to do to become better at the game, I had lost my motivation xD but now I feel better and less lazy and I hope I will continue being like this hehe, and thanks a lot for all the infos!! Have a very nice day and hf gl in game)

Silvally

Jul 14, 2021
Glad to hear the tips shared here helped you!

Haberace is preferred because of the high damage from its skills. Riemist's skills are used mostly in a secondary mastery page for its buffs and dragon soul regen

For survivability:
- A dragon with high intelligence and healing skills - Life Reflux and Healing Wind - Skytouched is one of the best for this as they have naturally high INT, evolution skills to further boost their healing power and mounted combat skills you can use to heal.
- Dragon Soul skills - There is a number of soul skills that can heal you, like Divine Embrace for example.
Though keep in mind if you have multiple mastery pages, switching to a page that has a soul skill equipped in the hotbar will completely deplete your Dragon Soul points.
- Armor - if you're having trouble finding decent armor for your level, you can get blue rarity armor from Dunar Temple bosses on hard difficulty

Your gear has an energy value limit. The shard slots on the costumes page also have a limit, based on your Gear's Energy x Costume Bonus %. If the energy of the shard is too far above your current limit the shard won't have any effect.

Last edited:

Neoseptem

Just a little festive
Feb 9, 2022
Alright, here we go again: ^^

1) Hydra works okay as supporter due to balanced stats in dffensive stats. But for mounted combat (if that is what you are planning) it's not that good. Yes it got interesting mount skills but it's bulky and got a big hit box which you don't want, since once your mount stamina runs out, no mounting anymore for some time. Not to mention mounted combat is not that good in late game anyway, enemies are way to bulky to make it work.

As for the Destruction + Intimidate combo, it'snot that good mainly due to the range of the skill. I tested it myself since it does sound awesome on paper but when testing the skill barely hit anything.

2) I'm not an expert with that class, so no help from me here. The only thing I can say, you're a paper class and got teleport, so zip around and don't get hit. That way you won't die. :p

For shard combination go to any 'Soulcast Artisan'.

Na, your dragons will be mostly obsolete endgame, characters deal way more damage and got higher survivability than dragons. Dragons still work if you build them right but they aren't able to outdamage or tank reliably.

3) Asking for eggs is no biggie, everyone who farms Dunar for shards (which is most people) will have multiple egg cartons full of Balge's egg.

4) Ye, just heads up, there are guides for Laedis set and which dungeons to farm for materials.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks