What's new

How active is this server?

LerpThatOwl

May 9, 2022
The discord seems basically dead, and i have seen nobody in-game so far, and no chat. is it a small endgame community?

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
The discord seems basically dead, and i have seen nobody in-game so far, and no chat. is it a small endgame community?
The server is made up of players from almost every region, so groups mostly keep to themselves. Most people are also waiting for the source update, but we have had delays as we are having to re-design large aspects of the game (we're currently finishing up a new file/package system which has been why there has been a lull in news).

The Discord is mostly only active when I am actively talking, or when news has posted or when someone needs support.

Honestly, it's about as active as you can expect of a badly designed game from 2013 that is undergoing re-development.

Exceddius

Oct 11, 2017
A lot of players play a bit, stop, come back, wait for new content to come back... Many of us watch the game and play by period.

LerpThatOwl

May 9, 2022
The server is made up of players from almost every region, so groups mostly keep to themselves. Most people are also waiting for the source update, but we have had delays as we are having to re-design large aspects of the game (we're currently finishing up a new file/package system which has been why there has been a lull in news).

The Discord is mostly only active when I am actively talking, or when news has posted or when someone needs support.

Honestly, it's about as active as you can expect of a badly designed game from 2013 that is undergoing re-development.
Ok, that is neat. I was unaware the client was actually that modifiable. Is it a general refactoring to make additions easier, or gameplay redesign as well?

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Ok, that is neat. I was unaware the client was actually that modifiable. Is it a general refactoring to make additions easier, or gameplay redesign as well?
We're working on the source code, however due to the bad decisions made it requires re-coding a large majority of the game.

For the initial source code release the focus is feature parity (so there are no issues with transferring from binaries to our own code base) and improving performance overall. We've made quite a number of changes that have optimized things, and fixed bottlenecks so that people can break the 30-60FPS range more easily on newer hardware and have made things overall smoother and more consistent. Problem is that changing one thing changes another which requires changing another, so it's taken longer than expected.

Nymbil

May 28, 2022
I was glad to see this post. I just found out about this project, and am so glad I did. I will be one of those that is always checking in as well. I loved the original game, and can't wait to play it again.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks