What's new

Need settings to play fluently

Tabovich

May 12, 2020
Hey !
I'm back on the game, played last time on Savage Hunt until it closed. I had settings that allowed me to play in windowed full screen and quite fluently and now the game is only in full screen or window and i lag more in window than full screen.
I wonder if somebody have some tips to improve the game performance with having an okay/good graphic quality.
The problem is not my PC so I just want to optimize the game.

Exceddius

Oct 11, 2017
The problem is often the pc.
Playing in full screen and reducing open applications on your PC, unfortunately there are no real miracles.
You can also reduce the quality of the game, a lot of fog and shadows are not necessary.

LerpThatOwl

May 9, 2022
the game is only in full screen or window and i lag more in window than full screen.

A remotely modern PC should have identical performance in all window modes unless something is very broken in software or drivers, rendering desktop/other programs takes negligible resources unlike in the early 90s.

The problem is not my PC so I just want to optimize the game.

It probably is. Can you list exact hardware specs, OS version, any running software/tools, and graphics driver version?

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
🙃 The game is severely broken in software and depends on outdated API and drivers.

The best thing you can do is turn down shadows, and distance settings. You can play with other settings, but shadows are the real killer outside of the UI.

Tabovich

May 12, 2020
🙃 The game is severely broken in software and depends on outdated API and drivers.

The best thing you can do is turn down shadows, and distance settings. You can play with other settings, but shadows are the real killer outside of the UI.
I'm gonna try but i'm quite sad cause the game is pretty with nice graphics

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
I'm gonna try but i'm quite sad cause the game is pretty with nice graphics
This is only in the current version of the game; source code version should work much better for modern hardware.

The last time our developer and I discussed the issues with performance we had decided we were approaching the limit of what could be done without gutting the UI engine, or some how getting hold of a newer version (which is impossible).

The source update should have 25-40% minimum improvement to performance on most people. Even if the FPS does not change, there is more stability for performance.

estebanvo

Apr 20, 2021
Regularly, this game get 1280x 1024 resolution, but unless more res, mire video is need, so try 800 x 600, you need find the ini file yo does it

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks