What's new

Event Phantom Coloring Event Winners

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Initially there were only going to be three winners, but due to receiving 95 submissions and how difficult it was going to be to choose winners we decided to do a tiered approach with 3 winners in each tier getting the same reward.

The selection process was Aiden and I going through and looking for every submission we liked, grouping them by artist and deciding which submission by that artist was our favorite. We then compared our list of submissions and discussed which ones we didn't agree on.

All of the following designs were chosen either for their color choices, their patterns or their overall look or feel.

Gold Tier: 2000 Platinum

Silver Tier: 1000 Platinum

Bronze Tier: 500 Platinum

We already have our next coloring event planned, though that will likely not be for a while yet. All I can say is Pony's.

Exceddius

Oct 11, 2017
Nice to see my baby Kingfisher and my personnal favorite Corroside! ;__; /

Congratz to all winners and thank you all for contest and participations!

Silkshoes

Sep 26, 2017
Congrats to all winners & my personnal fav Loyalty which is lovely colour combo <3

Wonderful selection of coloured dragons Thank you to all that entered :D

Jaslyn

May 18, 2020
I appreciate it, Exceddius ^^ thank you! Kingfisher was also one of my top favourites :)
But it really pleasently surprised me that my Corroside is among the list of winners! So happy to (hopefully) see a dragon that i recolored alive in the game, thats a great honour for me, thank you :.)

Congrats all winners, im sure the choice was hard to make to choose from all the amazing submissions! All participants now can look forward for the next Event ^^

DustyAngel

Aug 15, 2018
Congrats to those that won!!!

Oh yay ponies!!! I already got a small headstart when there was two linearts posted in adept discord. Wasn't thinking there was going to be an event down the line and decided to just recolor them for the F of it.

I also see that everyone did this digitally give or take. I forgot how to do digital overall. My two ponies are done by crayons... is that still okay to do and use to enter whenever this comes around?

Aiden

The Sparkle Mom
Jan 13, 2018
I also see that everyone did this digitally give or take. I forgot how to do digital overall. My two ponies are done by crayons... is that still okay to do and use to enter whenever this comes around?
traditional mediums ares fine - there were multiple file types available for the Phantom Coloring Event that allowed people the freedom to color the lineart either digitally or to print it out and do so traditionally. I have no reason to see why it would be any different for future events.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
I appreciate it, Exceddius ^^ thank you! Kingfisher was also one of my top favourites :)
But it really pleasently surprised me that my Corroside is among the list of winners! So happy to (hopefully) see a dragon that i recolored alive in the game, thats a great honour for me, thank you :.)

Congrats all winners, im sure the choice was hard to make to choose from all the amazing submissions! All participants now can look forward for the next Event ^^

Some of the big points of what made me choose the submissions I did were:
  • How unique looking the dragon is (overall look)
  • Does the color palette fill a void in the existing options within the family
  • Does it have a unique or workable pattern that would be eye catching
I will say, Aiden and I chose almost every single option the same except for 2.
Congrats to those that won!!!

Oh yay ponies!!! I already got a small headstart when there was two linearts posted in adept discord. Wasn't thinking there was going to be an event down the line and decided to just recolor them for the F of it.

I would personally suggest color pencil if possible, or something that will allow you to make use of smudging techniques and greater control over patterns. With traditional mediums you will just want to make sure that the details stand out.

Yeah I posted those to show them off a bit, but people can color them now if they really wish. To be completely honest, part of why I first asked people to do line art is with the intention of eventually doing a coloring book with all the family/models in it. @Stealth had already said he'd be willing to help get that published.

DustyAngel

Aug 15, 2018
I would personally suggest color pencil if possible, or something that will allow you to make use of smudging techniques and greater control over patterns. With traditional mediums you will just want to make sure that the details stand out.

I already have the one lineart colored in, would it be alright if I could just send it to you on discord to see if that is okay? I personally wasn't playing on doing any designs or anything of the sort like everyone did for the Phantom one. Mine is simply just a recolor with nothing else fancy added on to it is all. No designs. Nothing too too fancy.

The white stallion lineart is also going to be the same. Just recolor it and I already have at least a color palette theme in mind but haven't worked on it yet.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
I already have the one lineart colored in, would it be alright if I could just send it to you on discord to see if that is okay? I personally wasn't playing on doing any designs or anything of the sort like everyone did for the Phantom one. Mine is simply just a recolor with nothing else fancy added on to it is all. No designs. Nothing too too fancy.

The white stallion lineart is also going to be the same. Just recolor it and I already have at least a color palette theme in mind but haven't worked on it yet.
You can if you want.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks