What's new

Trying to play: Account Credentials Denied

Realitea

Aug 27, 2020
I have registered with the website, registered my account with the game I'm trying to play (Dragon's Prophet); yet when I attempt to login the game with my email and password, I get this message 100% of the time:

Please check your email address and password

I've checked it ... checked it ... checked it all over the place, but it still isn't working.

Could someone please tell me if I've missed something, or can check on the backend to see what is the matter with it?

Thanks,

Realitea

Aug 27, 2020
you log in with your username and password, not your email

Yes, I have tried both ways, plenty of times, carefully, but the username doesn't work either - hence the post.

Also, here's a screenshot of the error, just so you know it's giving incorrect info:

DP-Error.png

Realitea

Aug 27, 2020
Also reset my password and it was once again met with the same error message as above, each time.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
https://adeptgamer.com/games/dragons-prophet.2/

Make sure you have created an account here, and are logging with that login and password. There is an issue sometimes where you can sometimes have an issue, but try typing into a notepad, and then copying your password into the field that way.

Realitea

Aug 27, 2020
https://adeptgamer.com/games/dragons-prophet.2/

Make sure you have created an account here, and are logging with that login and password. There is an issue sometimes where you can sometimes have an issue, but try typing into a notepad, and then copying your password into the field that way.

I have confirmed I have an account created here, because I was allowed to reset my password and the received the email to do so.
I will try typing it into notepad, as you suggested and report back here as soon as whatever happens takes place.

Realitea

Aug 27, 2020
The only thing I haven't yet done, that I can think of, is to reinstall - so I'm going to do that now. Completely remove current install from my system, redownload, once more, from the exact place I got it from (having already confirmed my username exists/has been added to the Dragon's Prophet game), just to see what happens.
I will try both logging in regularly, as well as copying and pasting from notepad, after the download and install is complete.
After that, I have nothing else I can think of to try myself; can only hope someone else knows more about what to do.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
The only thing I haven't yet done, that I can think of, is to reinstall - so I'm going to do that now. Completely remove current install from my system, redownload, once more, from the exact place I got it from (having already confirmed my username exists/has been added to the Dragon's Prophet game), just to see what happens.
I will try both logging in regularly, as well as copying and pasting from notepad, after the download and install is complete.
After that, I have nothing else I can think of to try myself; can only hope someone else knows more about what to do.
Join our discord (Join the AdeptGamer Discord Server!) and I can help you later tonight.

Kazunokun

Feb 24, 2020
The only thing I could think of is that you are trying to log in with your forum account here instead of with a game account. On the forum account you need to make accounts first wich you can then log into dragon's prophet with. Seems like you did that on your first post, but I thought I would throw it in, especially because you said you reset the password with an email, wich normally isn't the case for game acc passwords, as you can just change them on your website acc whenever.

Last edited:

Realitea

Aug 27, 2020
The only thing I could think of is that you are trying to log in with your forum account here instead of with a game account. On the forum account you need to make accounts first wich you can then log into dragon's prophet with. Seems like you did that on your first post, but I thought I would throw it in.

Yeah, I found that right off the bat; another guy also mentioned it up above (https://adeptgamer.com/games/dragons-prophet.2/).
I do appreciate the thought though, much appreciated.

DumbNFat

Aug 28, 2020
I ran into the same problem until I figured out I was starting the game from the dp_x64.exe and not the launcher which wouldn't let it update, sure felt stupid there.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
I ran into the same problem until I figured out I was starting the game from the dp_x64.exe and not the launcher which wouldn't let it update, sure felt stupid there.
The launcher should allow you to update; if you are having issues it is likely due to an anti-virus, or something else blocking it.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks