What's new

Why am I getting low FPS?

gladx16

Mar 1, 2021
Hello, I used to play this game a lot, and I loved it. This game is very special to me, and it makes me sad that people don't know about it anymore. I used to have a bad computer and would get low FPS, but now, even with a 4070Ti graphics card, I'm still getting low FPS when I play. Is there a solution for this?

greemer

Jul 25, 2024
Hello, I used to play this game a lot, and I loved it. This game is very special to me, and it makes me sad that people don't know about it anymore. I used to have a bad computer and would get low FPS, but now, even with a 4070Ti graphics card, I'm still getting low FPS when I play. Is there a solution for this?
in your grephic make it low all and some on make it off
Post automatically merged:

in your grephic make it low all and some on make it off

Attachments

• DragonsProphet_20240925_122519.jpg
    DragonsProphet_20240925_122519.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 50

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
DP is not optimized for newer hardware generally (AMD cards are having issues especially with newer drivers for example).

Disable shadows, and cut down on distance and other settings and you should be able to play, but the game itself is very unoptimized and often problematic, mostly due to shadows and the UI.

Neoseptem

Just a little festive
Feb 9, 2022
Depends on how much the game likes your PC, which map you're on (Arteicia is cancer) and how many mobs you fight/animations are flying around.
But the lower your settings, the more FPS you usually have, plus if you hide UI you gain like 30 FPS.

Bashir Bitar

Jun 29, 2018
Hello fellow DP enjoyer i have good news for you. Seiichi said it as it is, the UI tanks your FPS mainly due to the map, if i remember correctly. Hater explained this and how to improve your FPS in the past by hiding the UI with the F12 key. This still work for me, I tested it and get double my FPS in Arteicia i go from 40 fps to 80 fps. shadow quality off and you can test with other settings off like depth of field, bloom, Visual range, but not much else will make a big difference like disabling the UI Hud by pressing F12. All my skills and attacks are muscle memory so i can still play like this un-hindered. for the most part. Enjoy.

Attachments

• UI disabled DP.png
    UI disabled DP.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 42

Neoseptem

Just a little festive
Feb 9, 2022
Pretty much yes.
I'm hiding UI when farming Dunar for shards and FPS increases from 40-60 to 80-100, I'm running max settings btw.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks