What's new

Bug Report Fortunate Potion Buff; Temp-Negation (Low)

Corv

Aug 19, 2020
Bug: Disagreement between the Fortunate Potion buff and the Character Selection option from the menu.

Severity: Low

Description:
When the drop buff from a Fortunate Potion is active, the drop rate goes up as expected. However, if a user logs their character out via the Character Select option on the top menu (eg. to get their login reward) and re-enters the game from the character selection screen, the buff seems to no longer work. Visually, the buff is still present and acknowledged by the game with a normal countdown, but the effect does not seem to apply. This can be fixed by exiting the game application and restarting it through the executable or launcher, as normal. (Complete account log out/in without restarting the application is currently untested. Will try later.)

I've managed to get it to happen twice, but admit that I'm not 100% sure if there are additional factors to trigger this that I don't see. Verified with two trips into Dunar, ended up with 5 pages of loot fewer than when the buff is properly active. The extra 5 pages of loot dropped normally on the next run upon applying the fix. It's not a huge issue, but it seems prudent to put it here both for development purposes and for any confused players experiencing something similar.

Steps To Reproduce:
1)
Apply the drop buff from a Fortunate Potion.
2) "Log out" using the Character Select option.
3) Re-enter game from the character selection.
4) ???
5) Decreased profit!

Last edited:

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Bug: Disagreement between the Fortunate Potion buff and the Character Selection option from the menu.

Severity: Low

Description:
When the drop buff from a Fortunate Potion is active, the drop rate goes up as expected. However, if a user logs their character out via the Character Select option on the top menu (eg. to get their login reward) and re-enters the game from the character selection screen, the buff seems to no longer work. Visually, the buff is still present and acknowledged by the game with a normal countdown, but the effect does not seem to apply. This can be fixed by exiting the game application and restarting it through the executable or launcher, as normal. (Complete account log out/in without restarting the application is currently untested. Will try later.)

I've managed to get it to happen twice, but admit that I'm not 100% sure if there are additional factors to trigger this that I don't see. Verified with two trips into Dunar, ended up with 5 pages of loot fewer than when the buff is properly active. The extra 5 pages of loot dropped normally on the next run upon applying the fix. It's not a huge issue, but it seems prudent to put it here both for development purposes and for any confused players experiencing something similar.

Steps To Reproduce:
1)
Apply the drop buff from a Fortunate Potion.
2) "Log out" using the Character Select option.
3) Re-enter game from the character selection.
4) ???
5) Decreased profit!
Not even sure how we'd go about resolving this... It's one of those things that is just a head slamming desk situation due to how they do things.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks