What's new

Suggestion Make Hydras (or just dragons in general) great again!

Lalolalo9

Jun 30, 2017
Hi

I've noticed there aren't that many make dragon great again threads hence I decided to post one.

I think dragons are really powerful however they have been overshadowed by the orange gear players can equip.

lvl 60 gear sets give 330 health and 100 extra damage. lvl 70 gear sets give 150 Magic/Phys damage and 150 dsd/ele/nat. lvl 80 gear sets give 200 dsd/ele/nat and 150 extra pen. lvl 90 gear sets give 250 damage and 250 dsd/ele/nat lvl 94 gear sets give 200 int/str and 600 dsd/ele/nat lvl 98 gear sets give 300 int/str and 900 dsd/ele/nat lvl 102 gear sets give 450 int/str and 1350 dsd/ele/nat lvl 105 gear set give 450 DA/FO and 800 dsd/ele/nat + 10k health + 200 Fero

This is to illustrate how sets grew in power little by little, while dragons didn't receive any way to be boosted.
This is only about set bonuses.
EDIT: Dragons have set bonuses, the highest I found was the MannHart set which gives 1400 health and 400 toughness, still it is a lvl 90 item.

Lets see about the other stats that both players and dragons have.

Both can equip items, and dragons don't have acces to weapons.
While a player can equip 12 items (6 armour, 1 cape and 5 accessories) a dragon can only equip 3 items.
Overstat is only possible on player equipment, thus narrowing even further the good gear a dragon can have.
Also bonus stats on player items can have levels to it like for example int II but dragon equipment doesn't have this extra level stat bonus.
This means more than 4 times the difference in added stats a dragon can benefit from.

While charisma boosts dragons the stat itself doens't give that big of a boost to dragons in comparison to other stats.
Doubling the charisma stat increases all dragon stats by roughly 30%. While doubling int gives like double added flat damage.

Dragon companion boosts the dragon but only while the player is riding that particular dragon.

Let's talk about the perks a dragon has that the player doesnt have.

A dragon can choose to increase up to 2 stats by 160% each, this by means of increasing the training level.
Or lets say an average increase up to 50% in terms of total stats.
A dragon has +10% extra hp and takes 20% reduced damage from level buffs.
A dragon can learn evolution skills which enchance its own skills.
A dragon can learn +10% stat skills.

Conclusion:
The higher lvl the player is, the more a dragon becomes useless.

Right now, I have sacrificed 4 slots on equipment and 321 stat points on charisma.
This way my highest damaging dragon does about 100k damage at lvl 108 on average and can crit up to 500k with hunting assault.
Without it averages about 70k damage and crits up to 200K.

That is nothing in comparison if I put these points and slots into Fero/DA/Int (as oracle).

Suggestions:
Make craftable set gear for dragons.
Increase charisma gains at higher levels.
Make charisma more effective.
Extra weapon slot for dragons.
Ultra-evolution
Make all set bonuses also increase charisma.
Make dragons exceed lvl 100 training lvl.
Other levelbuffs for dragons and maybe make these scale with charisma.
etc... feel free to give more suggestions in replies.

As for Hydra's they need some more love than just mass-aoe aggro.
Their stats make them look like they're made for mitigation.
A personal suggestion would be to make thorny shield be more effective on hydras or an evo skill that further enchances it.

Sincerely Lalolalo9

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks