NicholasG

Dec 16, 2016
Table of Contents
1.1 Introduction
1.2 Attributes
1.3 Skills
1.4 Combo

1.1 Introduction

"Rangers are exceptional marksmen who prefer to engage their foes at a distance. Their uncanny speed and heightened senses allow them to strike first and with deadly precision. Through excellent positioning and battlefield control they are capable of dispatching even the toughest aggressor. Rangers employ an arsenal of ranged weapons including guns and bows." - Character Creation

In this guide, I will be covering on Rangers w/ Traps that does insane damage, also being the best Damage Per Sec ( DPS ) on bosses. This build doesn't only works on PVE, but also PVP instead. The reason why this guide is being proposed was because of players doesn't really look up into Traps and some even say that the radius of the Traps are very small which this guide will prove that Traps are the best PVE skills for Rangers.

1.2 Attributes

As in every game, setting your attribute points in the right way, will help your character a lot. I'm going to explain what I'm using and why, but of course you can still set your own.

Strength
1 Strength increases your Physical Damage by +2 and your Physical Defence by +1​

Constitution
1 Point of Constitution increases your Health by +12, your HP Regeneration by +0.25 and your in-combat HP Regeneration by +0.01​

Ferocity
1 Point of Ferocity increases your Critical Hit Rate by +2 and your Critical Hit Power by +1. Ferocity also increases our Dragon Spell Damage part many of our skills.​

Intelligence
1 Point of Intelligence increases your Magic Damage by +2 and your Magic Defence by +1​

Focus
1 Point of Focus increases your Physical Defence by +5.42 and your Armour Penetration by +2. In addition to that, Focus increases the Elemental Damage part of many of our skills.​

Charisma
Charisma increases the uptime of your dragons, their attributes and it makes it easier to capture dragons.​

Dragon Affinity
1 Point of Dragon Affinity increases your Magic Defence by +5 and your Magic Penetration by +2

In Dragon Prophet, attributes building is random and goes well on increasing which stats you would need cause every attribute were never useless. These are some of my recommended builds.

Pure PVE DPS Highly Recommended for PVE
Full Ferocity
This build highly focus on DPS for PVE and because of that you'd have a not only damage but also high critical chance + critical damage as well.

PVP & PVE Ranger

2 Ferocity | 1 Focus
This build is for those who mainly focus on PVE and some PVP damage as Focus increases your Armor Penetration which would do decent amount of damage towards tankers as well.

Companion PVE

2 Ferocity | 1 Charisma
Due to Rangers not having healing skills (Not Dragon Soul Skills), Rangers would need some Ferocity to have some damage output, also the companion would also be a part of either DPS or Tank (Recommend Tank) to help you out while farming.

1.3 Masteries

The skills I would recommend are as below

Basic Masteries
Draconic Convergence 10/10
Draconic Heritage 10/10
Crushing Blow 10/10
Strength Training 10/10
Weapon Masteries
Bow Mastery 10/10
Wind Blast 5/10
Piercing Thunder 5/10
Thorny Trap 5/10
Fiery Trap 10/10
Dexterity 10/10
Apocalypse Sphere 5/10
Aesthetics of Violence 10/10
Dragon God Masteries
Lonnier 1/1
Violent Sanction 10/10
Wings of Fury 5/10
Energy Sentence 5/10
Dragon Gnaw 10/10

Buffs
Lonnier
Increases your Damage output as well as Ferocity
Dexterity
Increases your Ferocity
Active Skills
Piercing Thunder
Main DPS skill, also the best bossing skill to use
Apocalypse Sphere + Dragon Gnaw
2nd Best AOE Skill
Do not use until you've used Thorny Trap or Violent Sanction on the mobs / boss
Violent Sanction
You only need this for the extra damage and knockdown
Use after Thorny Trap's stun is near end
Wings of Fury
Only needed to replesh Dragon Soul
Use when boss / mobs hp are too high
Energy Sentence
Best follow up after Piercing
Line AOE and use when mobs / boss's hp are too high
Don't waste Dragon Soul on this
Wind Blast
Damage and Decreases Movement Speed
Kiting Skill
Thorny + Fiery Traps
Use Thorny Traps first to stun then spam all Fiery Traps for the main AOE damage
1.4 Combo
Group all the mobs together and spam the skills on the first mobs with the skills as followed

Thorny Trap > Fiery Traps > Violent Sanction > Apocalypse Sphere > Wind Blast > Repeat

Thank You
for your time

newb

Oct 17, 2016
Cool guide! Never tried a ranger. Might want to try one at some point.

Gervis

Nov 2, 2016
Thank you for the Guide since i am trying out ranger for a change hopefully they change the price of the masteries for gold coins costs

TsumikiMiniwa

Mar 30, 2017
hey uhm just a recommendation: Wings of Fury 10/10 (DS Recovery version) it goes to a free cast skill
just a recommendation from an old NA player ^^

Darkvlad

Apr 30, 2017
Hey,

after trying to build this version of ranger

u noticed that u spend 31 points in God masteries didnt you?
We just have 26 :D

Moonfire

Apr 16, 2017
Very good guide. There is one thing I thought I should mention though. In regards to
Charisma
Charisma increases the uptime of your dragons, their attributes and it makes it easier to capture dragons.

Charisma no longer makes it easier to capture dragons, and hasn't since not to long after open beta. It does increase their attributes and summon time.

To make it easier to capture dragons you need DI, i.e. Dragon Influence, which is found only on jewelry - necklaces, earrings, and rings.

heminyx

Jul 5, 2017
Thank you so much for this guide, it's really helpful and I'll be using it while I build up my first ranger :D

I noticed this part of the post and wanted to know if you could elaborate:

In Dragon Prophet, attributes building is random and goes well on increasing which stats you would need cause every attribute were never useless.

Does this mean that we "roll" a random base stat attribute every time we create a character, but peak stats are still influenced by class? Or that every time we level a random amount is added to each stat that could be different with every player, level, or stat? It would be great to know about the behind the scenes RNG of character stats!​

Kath

May 16, 2020
Hi,

Thank you so much for the guide! I'm just starting ranging for the first time and have been a bit unsure where to start with it. Have been hunting around but there is so little out there! Your guide was really useful as a starting point for me to get a feel for things. Thanks heaps!

DjBlyatman

May 29, 2020
@Kath i wouldnt suggest you this "guide" its from 2016, and the way he plays wouldnt make you go past level 94 content, and even until there you will suffer 1000 deaths ^^

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks