What's new

Suggestion Rejected Dragons as Two-Seaters possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

THARGOR

May 13, 2020
i had the idea already on Eu-Server, but since you seem to be able to do modifications on dragons, i place it here as well, since many ppl liked it back then.

idk if its even possible to make dragons as twoseaters (maybe a new dragon family?) - but if so i think it would be a nice new option to have them :)

Aiden

The Sparkle Mom
Jan 13, 2018
something like this wouldn't be possible to do right now. Rigs would have to be modified by adding a second mount bone which would then need a working exporter to get it into the game. There's very likely some other coding stuff that would need to be done to get it to work in addition to the rig changes. One also has to consider what the purpose of having a 2-seater dragon would be when everyone already has their own dragons to ride. Even if it was possible, I think it would be a little impractical to do with all of the work that would be required.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
This is actually a very difficult thing to implement in most games, much less one that was coded so strictly as Dragon's Prophet.

As Aiden said, there would need to be another mount point, and then you would need to figure out how to mount on each dragon, and also program the logic for when there are two people seated, or only one. You would then need to make it so that a game recognizes movement that is under the control of the driver, and the only vehicles in DP are trains/airships and they have their own complicated system that is unlikely to be reusable.

THARGOR

May 13, 2020
ok i understand, ty both for the reply.
my original intent on eu was to use it for alts, but as Aiden said there is no use for that on this server.

since people also liked it just for fun or romantic reasons i thought id still ask for it - but that wouldnt be worth all the effort if its that difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks