What's new

Guide Updated - 3/2020 | Dungeon Ancient Location, Tips Farming Guide

Heroine

Jan 5, 2018
Introduction:-
Dungeon Ancient farming seems like a long, tedious and pointless effort. However, in this guide, I'll not only share the whats, wheres and hows, but how to effectively integrate it into an effective gold or experience grind for your dragon, your gold bank, or your egg nests. I'll also share with you a much, much easier way to get dragons to spawn in less than four hours, and not just that - multiples at a time.

Setting up the run:-
This is a fairly large section, so I've spoilered it.

Create at least four more game accounts! You can manage your accounts under the 'accounts' setting on the forum. You can make up to 10 sub accounts here. It's worth making them for egg caring, battlegrounds buffering, and dungeon buffering. The latter we're going to use for our Dungeon Ancients.
  • upload_2020-3-31_22-29-27.png
  • Do NOT make more than one forum account. That's a fast ticket to get you banned. Only make accounts though the accounts page once you're signed in.
We're of course going to be multiboxing here.

Multiboxing on Adept's Dragon's Prophet is absolutely fine! I get this question a lot - this won't get you banned here. Due to the way some mechanics work, it's highly beneficial you do so if you're able to.

upload_2020-3-31_22-33-35.png

To launch multiple clients, just click the dp_x64.exe or dp.86.exe a couple of times. If you have a fairly average gaming computer, you won't want to start more than 5 anyway. Make sure your new accounts are set to minimum settings, minimal ui, and the smallest window you can manage to optimise performance. Play in windowed mode to quickly switch clients with Alt + TAB!

As for our little guys getting around to the dungeon we want.

upload_2020-3-31_22-36-22.png

This button is going to be our most vital ally. The transportation book will allow us to quickly move around. Get your main to mark the location of the dungeon gate, and use co-op scrolls, shadow step scrolls - even dungeon teleport scrolls and have every member mark the location, in the case you want to come back to this spot later. It's likely you might need a break with all this farming, or you may want to come back to it another day. Teleport scrolls are VERY easily available. You get free portals daily, on top of the very cheap kindred wheel providing many scrolls most of the time.

Set up at the most effective
Minor dungeon for you (Minor dungeons are explained in the next section below.) When you pick a target dragon in a region, you want to then pick the dungeon you know you can complete the fastest.

Once you're set up and standing in front of your dungeon, you'll be ready to begin!

The Mechanics of Dungeon Points:-
Another very long section, so I've spoilered it.

To spawn a dragon (especially the + type dungeons listed below) the normal rate is 1/1666 on hard mode and 1/833 on easy mode. This rate was obtained through the original Taiwanese servers. This seems like a lot to ask, for someone to run a 4 minute dungeon over 800 times.

However, to supplement players with insufficient luck, a points counter was enabled in most dungeons. Those that lack it either are bugged (Laedis) or were never designed for it (OG Bakra.) To hit this goal we need 300 points total, but the dragon can still spawn before then.

unknown.png

Twilight Ocean spawning at 113 instead of 300, hitting the 1/833 odds.
unknown.png

Believe me, I was pretty pissed when this guy spawned early, but I'll explain why later in this guide.
Thanks to the visual dungeon point counter, you now have a clear way of telling how long you have before a dragon will spawn. Upon clearing the boss, you'll see the dungeon points both overhead and in the yellow system text. Keep an eye on it every run!
Important note! The visual counter will relay the points of the PREVIOUS dungeon you ran of this instance. If your visual counter reports 294 points, your current run is 299! Don't ask why this is the case, but be aware of this as you could spawn things early.

upload_2020-3-31_22-56-12.png

Each time you run a dungeon you gain 1 point per person for the dungeon you ran. Considering most dungeons only allow 5 players, we can assume that you get 5 points per time. Our target is 300 of course, but even though you hit 300 you're not guaranteed to see it next run. From that point onward, the rates change to somewhere theorised between 10% - 30%.

Here's the math. If we ran alone, that would be 300 runs. A 4 minute dungeon times 300 is 20 hours. God no.

angtft.jpg

Comparatively, when we run with 5 people, we have 60 runs to do instead. That's only 4 hours. Still seems like a lot to you?

Let's make good of our investment even further.

When a dungeon ancient spawns, it resets the points of EVERYONE present in the dungeon. If we use this knowledge to our advantage, we can quintuple our timesink.

This is where our alts come in!

At around 294 points, (This is actually 299 if you're running with five) reduce your party to two members. Both of these members will have their points at zero when the dungeon is finished. If you can help it, use a separate alt with your main character so you don't lose two 300 point rolls for this particular part.

Note that, members will only have points reset while INSIDE the dungeon. This means that you can have other members in your party, but casually wait outside the instance.

Remember that Dungeon Ancients are still between 10%-30% spawn rate at this point, so they won't show up right away. So if you hit 310 points with just two and see no signs of the dragon, don't panic, you're just extra unlucky. Typically you'll see the dragon within minutes.

When we conserve point spending in this way, we can spawn up to 5 dragons! That's one dragon in less than an hour, not so bad now huh?

On top of this, we can also use the points in other minor dungeons in the region to spawn different stuff!

Extra benefits of Dungeon Ancient Farming
  • Push your alts in when only at the boss, to reduce time farming!
  • You'll also get all hardmode loot, plus extra eggs at the end if you're lucky (Sometimes two a run!)
  • Bring your dragon companion out to increase speed farming, give them experience, and farm provisions if you have the buff.
  • Sell the loot at an underworld merchant, or extract it for other nicknacks. but only if you want to spend time doing that.
  • You'll give you're friends lots of kindred bags! (They'll love you, I promise.)
  • In Porthis, Thadrea and Sitheran, you'll be swimming in armour mats, which go for ALOT of gold.
  • Run on hard mode rather than easy! You get tons of loot for your level and it's not that much more difficult.
  • If you want to risk it, run the fastest dungeon in the region to 294. Dungeon points are effective FOR THAT REGION. If you get nearly 300 points on each alt in Korhala for example, you can spawn 1 carnelian warden, 1 black smog, 1 dancing rook and use the points remaining to spawn dupes if you like.
  • You can cross Minor dungeon points to Major Dungeons.
  • Running easy mode gives one point on easy. Running hard mode gives 1 point on easy and 1 point on hard.
  • Dragon levels are now calculated on an average of your current party. Please bear this in mind *before* you spawn the dragon. For example if you have a level 108 and a level 20 in your party, the level average calculated is 54. It doesn't matter if this member is waiting outside, it still calculates.

The Dungeons:-
There are dungeons great and small throughout Auratia. For the purposes of this guide, I'll refer to dungeons that have multiple bosses as Major Dungeons. All other dungeons with a single boss are Minor dungeons. For example, Dunar Temple is a Major Dungeon because it has 4 bosses instead of one. Aymori Sands is Minor, because it has only one boss.

As of this update, Major dungeons are supposed to have dungeon ancients like Minor dungeons, but there's some extra jump hoops in the code to make them happen. I'll include them in this collection regardless with blank entries, so they can be filled later.

Major dungeons now have ancients.

Any dungeons marked with + means that they do not use the points system, but can still spawn a dragon.

Format is:-

Dungeon Name - Dragon Name - Speed ranking

Speed Ranking refers to how quickly you can complete the dungeon. This is based on opinion and character class, you may have a different experience. I'll grade these from F for worst and S rank for best. Use your discretion when running to accrue points. F will always apply to dungeons without a point system. An S ranking typically means you'll find your dragon in much quicker time.

Click the Spoiler under each Dungeon name to reveal what dragons lie there.

Bakra:-

Omati Gorge - + Emerald Crystal - F
Seething Cave - + Unknown ??? - F
Arboran Ruins - + Unknown ??? - F

Puretia:-
Consus Cave - Indigo Flare - B
Tangaroa Abandoned Mine - Emerald Assault - C
Ash Catacombs - Citrine Diamond - B

Laedis:-
Nyrol's Nest - + Balge - F
Aryna's Lair - North Star - A
Gaesis Roost - Ebony Thorn+ - F
Ebony_Thorn.gif
Juno Crystal Gallery -Diamond Bulwark
latest

Wynnadia:-
Corzine - Ancient Shadow Aqua Dragon - S
Nameless Keep - + Ancient Shadow - F
Well of Prophecy - Burnt Shadows - B
Accursed Tower - Scarlet Flame
latest

Korhala:-
Deyerka Tunnels - Black Smog - S
Deyerka Mines - Carnelian Warden - S

Aymori Sands - Dancing Rook - A
Dunar Temple - Vibrant Thunder

latest

Wintertide:-
Yodrak's Thunder - Magna Tuska - D
Lodar Caves - Frost Breath - B
Torran Prison - Twilight Ocean - A
Ironfang Fortress - Ice Spire

latest

Inartia:-

Arjak Caves - Frost Ritual - S
Artenne Ruins - Heart of Snow - B
Veilar Grotto - Ember Spark - S
Palace of Methus - Fiveclaw Gold

latest

Alentia:-

Barlam's Lair - Lava - C
Draconic Giant's Outpost - Fyonnor - A
Bloodstone Stronghold - Flaming Fin - S
Dragonheart Temple - Obsidian Thunder

uhTXjiW.png

Olandra:-
Ironwing Lair - Steeldemon - A
Bloodlust Crypt - Crimson Thorn - B
Shrine of Handras - Blue Flower

latest

Porthis:-
Bladeguard Underpass - Silver Wings - D
Moran Cavern - Igneous Batholith - C
Nucleus of Time - Calculus
(Calculus can still be obtained through 10 man capture or eggs)

Thadrea:-
Tonapah Tomb - Goldsteel - E
Mictlan's Corridor - Magical Silver - C
Asuma's Mirage - Milky Way

latest

Sitheran:-
Miroth Fortress - Moss Crystal - E
Black Tower - Indigo Flame - B
Racman Grotto - Midnight Massacre

102 Dungeons:-
Omati Gorge - Unknown
Sillia Shrine - Unknown
Mount Sorthina - Red Star

latest

In Closing:-

I hope you find this guide helpful. Formatting this was a pain in the ass, but I get a lot of questions about dungeon ancient hunting in general. The first post itself may need a little bit of clean up here and there, but I wanted to pick up from where Genmii/Wolf not only left off, but add with even more detail and tips than before.

If you have any questions, feel free to use the thread or ask me in game. I play fairly actively, so I'll keep it as up to date as I can.

Last edited:

Heroine

Jan 5, 2018
! BONUS ADVICE !
Turn on target HP. This is really important if you keep a tab on your damage numbers.
1614553508051.png

As a personal preference, I like to also turn on Target HP bars because this has the unique property of being able to see targets through walls. It might be helpful if you struggle to find your target, and in general, it's nice to have on anyway.

Raid Ancient Locations:- (Don't click if you want to find them yourself!)
Accursed Tower
Scarlet Flame appears in the room with Kronos after you kill him, tucked away in the corner near the door which you entered from. As long as you don't drop a dragon god or pull Kronos here near spawn time, you shouldn't accidentally kill him.
E25DJdl.png

Dunar Temple
Go back to the room before the 3rd boss against the legless bone dragon into the room where you fought two giant dunestalker dragons and here you'll find Vibrant Thunder.
1614553247849.png

Iron Fang Fortress
To find Ice Spire after killing the last boss, go back to the boss room just before him. This is Yark the Silent's Room (The fourth boss). The dragon is in plain sight, but is camouflaged so it is easy to miss him.
kAXduIF.png

Palace of Methus
After killing Demoneyes, head back from where you came from and sitting close to the cliff before the lava filled expanse is Fiveclaw Gold.
6HlVhXt.png

Dragonheart Temple
Run back to the tunnel just before you fought Fadero the Heavenly Storm and Obsidian Thunder will be waiting for you in his usual spot.
jdRMAh6.png

Shrine of Handras
Blue Flower is hidden in the western doorway of the final boss room, hidden well among the seaweed.
OOdsobb.png

Asuma's Mirage
Upon killing Asuma, backtrack all the way to Mictlan's boss room (Boss room 2, with the bone dragon.) Here you'll find Milky Way.
S183Jfp.png

Racman Grotto
From where you start in the final boss room, head back towards the room with the fourth boss. Just before that point, your crosshairs should lock onto midnight massacre.
SrsAfyr.png

Capture Videos Playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfD9dbEmyrElmEFvU346azq8EhxyVD_fx
For the newer videos I typically record the full run that has the spawn.

Edit 1: 21/04/2020 14:58
Up to date with new raid ancients. Missing videos of Midnight Massacre and Obsidian Thunder since they don't have a wiki gif.
Edit 2: 22/04/2020 18:16 added Racman Grotto location.
Edit 3: 22/04/2020 22:28 added Shrine of Handras location
Edit:4: 23/04/2020 18:09 changed some speed rankings in Korhala and Wintertide. May eventually give a bit of dialogue on why I gave each dungeon the speedrank it got.
Edit 5:06/05/2020 13:46 added Palace of Methus, changed Inartia speed rankings a bit.

Last edited:

Tsubakura

Apr 7, 2020
Thank u for ur hard work. would it be possible when u put the lv of the dragons in your Guide as well? cuz i think it would be annoying to want a dragon and found them out it was to high to cap.

Heroine

Jan 5, 2018
Some of the levels have changed since I've ran them. Level can also be influenced by members of your party. Perhaps you mean minimum possible level? I'll post the ones I have.

Heroine

Jan 5, 2018
I am pretty sure I've earned 300 points,but why did not the dragon appear?

Rather than reply directly, I'll requote the first post. It explains everything there.
Each time you run a dungeon you gain 1 point per person for the dungeon you ran. Considering most dungeons only allow 5 players, we can assume that you get 5 points per time. Our target is 300 of course, but even though you hit 300 you're not guaranteed to see it next run. From that point onward, the rates change to somewhere theorised between 10% - 30%.

Ashah/Sext

Dec 31, 2017
Balge 1042 , Dancing Rook 309 , Twilight Ocean 318 , Ember Spark 323 , Fyonorr 255 , Crimson Thorn 302 , Magical Silver 307. It's probability, you can't forecast these things

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Balge 1042 , Dancing Rook 309 , Twilight Ocean 318 , Ember Spark 323 , Fyonorr 255 , Crimson Thorn 302 , Magical Silver 307. It's probability, you can't forecast these things
Balge is on a different system.

Heroine

Jan 5, 2018
You absolutely can when you see the data for it.

--

All Bakra dungeons, 102 dungeons, Nameless Keep (for some fucking reason), Gaesis Roost and Nyrol's Nest are on a different thing like Seichii said. My countless capture videos kind of prove that anyway at this point lol.
Also gonna go out on a limb because Satuma's on the old dungeon system too it'll have the same problem. (Not DB... absolutely not DB, I'm talking about Deyerka Keep, Silia Shrine and Avanah's Omen)

Edit: Since I *intentionally* record capture videos these days before I kill the boss with the spawn, I have plenty of additional values to pull from. The only early spawn I have *ever* had with the points system visible was Twilight Ocean. You get that, great. You're in the 1 in 800 or the 1 in 1600 for that beginning threshold. In the grand scheme of the numbers you're pulling though all settle on or are above 300. This isn't factoring how many people you're running with present in the dungeon. My 320 something with the aqua dragon was when I had 5 people in and didn't care about the point reset, so the numbers look inflated. But considering that, that's not 20 extra runs, that's more like 4.

I think the worst of my luck was because of Miroth, I forget the run number but I'm going to go back and check the video again anyway.

So here's my list. I'm not embedding the videos because I don't want to inflate this post even more.

Quick summary out of the spoiler. Only including my actual recorded runs, 309, 305, 321, 314, 312, 305, 310, 301, 300, 304, 300, 303, 307. That's a lot of 300. That's not including how many alts were present with me in the dungeon, or if I spoofed the run major (hardmode DHT instead of normal.) But that's it. Not even including the dupes I spawned off video (as I don't typically record the same event twice, it's a bit redundant.)
--
Shrine of Handras:- Blue Flower.
Started Shrine of Handras at 299 with Gemstone present in the party. Ran only 5 times until I got the spawn.

Racman Grotto - Midnight Massacre
Started Racman Grotto at 299. Ran only 3 additional times for the spawn.if we include Gemstone in the party.

Dragon Heart Temple :- Obsidian Thunder
Started at 298. The botched run where I kept running on Hard Mode by mistake. Have 100 or so points on hard, but 300+ on easy because each run of easy adds to hard. The numbers here are more or less an outlier.

Accursed Tower :- Scarlet Flame
Started at exactly 300, which was a bit dangerous as I forgot what my points were at checking corzine. Notice I have more party members online this time, so I maybe ran only two or three times here.

Ironfang Fortress - Ice Spire
Again, started at exactly 300, which was a bit dangerous. This wasn't too many runs either.

Corzine - Ancient Shadow Aqua Dragon
This isn't the last one, as my screenshot in the thread itself shows. A low number here, fairly self explanatory.
[Adept] Dragon's Prophet - Ancient Shadow Aqua Dragon - Video of Capture

Lodar Caves - Frost Breath
This was 5 additional runs after 300.
[Adept] Dragon's Prophet - Frost Breath - Video of Capture

Yodrak's Thunder - Magna Tuska
This took literally no time at all. I think I only ran once from 299
[Adept] Dragon's Prophet - Magna Tuska - Video of Capture

Deyerka Tunnels - Black Smog
First run at 300.
[Adept] Dragon's Prophet - Black Smog - Video of Capture

Deyerka Mines/Tarnakin Quarry - Carnelian Warden
Ran with two, so took two or more runs.
[Adept] Dragon's Prophet - Carnelian Warden - Video of Capture

Bloodstone Stronghold - Flaming Fin
Spawned as soon as I hit the value.
[Adept] Dragon's Prophet - Flaming Fin - Video of Capture

Barlam's Lair - Lava
[Adept] Dragon's Prophet - Lava - Video of Capture

(Oldie) Miroth Fortress - Indigo Flame
This dungeon felt longer than it was, because it's pretty shit. Moss Crystal is here now though.
Dragon's Prophet - Indigo Flame in Miroth Fortress - Live Hunt Twitch Highlight.

Edit2: some videos decided to embed themselves so that's annoying, but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Alexs

Jan 7, 2020
[QUOTE =“英雄,帖子:11600,成員:3209”]我將直接引用第一篇文章,而不是直接回复。它在那裡解釋了所有內容。[/ QUOTE]
Ťhx

Heroine

Jan 5, 2018
Because I'm insane, I completed Asuma's Mirage tonight. Updated the secondary post with the spoiler location, but I'll put it here too.
Upon killing Asuma, backtrack all the way to Mictlan's boss room (Boss room 2, with the bone dragon.) Here you'll find Milky Way, who has 300k health on easy mode and is level 85.
S183Jfp.png

May 19, 2020
Reserving this space for tomorrows update knowledge stuff (if it works) and other miscellaneous information.

Raid Ancient Locations:- (Don't click if you want to find them yourself!)

Accursed Tower
Scarlet Flame appears in the room with Kronos after you kill him, tucked away in the corner near the door which you entered from. As long as you don't drop a dragon god or pull Kronos here near spawn time, you shouldn't accidentally kill him.
E25DJdl.png

Iron Fang Fortress
To find Ice Spire after killing the last boss, go back to the boss room just before him. This is Yark the Silent's Room (The fourth boss). The dragon is in plain sight, but is camouflaged so it is easy to miss him.
kAXduIF.png

Palace of Methus
After killing Demoneyes, head back from where you came from and sitting close to the cliff before the lava filled expanse is Fiveclaw Gold.
6HlVhXt.png

Dragonheart Temple
Run back to the tunnel just before you fought Fadero the Heavenly Storm and Obsidian Thunder will be waiting for you in his usual spot.
jdRMAh6.png

Shrine of Handras
Blue Flower is hidden in the western doorway of the final boss room, hidden well among the seaweed.
OOdsobb.png

Asuma's Mirage
Upon killing Asuma, backtrack all the way to Mictlan's boss room (Boss room 2, with the bone dragon.) Here you'll find Milky Way, who has 300k health on easy mode and is level 85.
S183Jfp.png

Racman Grotto
From where you start in the final boss room, head back towards the room with the fourth boss. Just before that point, your crosshairs should lock onto midnight massacre.
SrsAfyr.png

Edit 1: 21/04/2020 14:58
Up to date with new raid ancients. Missing videos of Midnight Massacre and Obsidian Thunder since they don't have a wiki gif.
Edit 2: 22/04/2020 18:16 added Racman Grotto location.
Edit 3: 22/04/2020 22:28 added Shrine of Handras location
Edit:4: 23/04/2020 18:09 changed some speed rankings in Korhala and Wintertide. May eventually give a bit of dialogue on why I gave each dungeon the speedrank it got.
Edit 5:06/05/2020 13:46 added Palace of Methus, changed Inartia speed rankings a bit.

Thank you for all these, my friend. You are so good.

Saatkraehe

Jun 9, 2020
This guide is very useful, I have a question though.
My first language isn't english, so I'm not sure if I understood this points right:
  • "If you want to risk it, run the fastest dungeon in the region to 294. Dungeon points are effective FOR THAT REGION. If you get nearly 300 points on each alt in Korhala for example, you can spawn 1 carnelian warden, 1 black smog, 1 dancing rook and use the points remaining to spawn dupes if you like.
  • You can cross Minor dungeon points to Major Dungeons."
Does that mean that you can collect points in one dungeon of a zone, and use them for a different dungeon - Minor or Major- in the same zone? If so, do the points get reset for that dungeon that spawned the dragon or the dungeon where I collected points? Or all get reset?

Heroine

Jan 5, 2018
This guide is very useful, I have a question though.
Does that mean that you can collect points in one dungeon of a zone, and use them for a different dungeon - Minor or Major- in the same zone? If so, do the points get reset for that dungeon that spawned the dragon or the dungeon where I collected points? Or all get reset?

Yes, exactly this. You can use Carnelian Warden points to spawn Vibrant Thunder in Dunar Temple for example. Once you use the points on that character, it will reset for that entire region/zone. So if you have 0 points in Dunar, you'll have 0 points in Tarnakin Quarry also.

Saatkraehe

Jun 9, 2020
I'm sorry, but I have another question: I tried to open multiple dp_x64.exe, but it doesn't work. I get an error message "multiple logins". Do I need to do something else?

Wolf

May 5, 2017
I'm sorry, but I have another question: I tried to open multiple dp_x64.exe, but it doesn't work. I get an error message "multiple logins". Do I need to do something else?
You can't run another client and try to log into an account that you are already logged into.

Torbinius

Jun 1, 2020

You need to create an additional account over the "Accounts" button on this website. Then you can log in to another DP window and use this Account parallel to your main one

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks