What's new

Bug Report Solved Game crashes upon logging character

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivorycypher

Jun 11, 2023
Hi there!
Yesterday evening I logged out of my game as I usually do, then remembered I still wanted to do a quest that I almost forgot about, but when I tried to log back in, the game crashed when I tried to load my character. See the attached video for the crash, there is no error message nor any other kind of reason I would see for the crash.

If it matters in any kind of way, I was currently in Alentia in front of the Svarth Kingdom, tried to port to Arteicia via login screen once and also tried to run the game as admin or through a sandbox, neither worked. I'd appreciate if someone could tell me how to fix this so I can get back to my solo run soon! Thank you in advance 'v'

Video:

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Make sure your game is up to date, and then try to login again.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
🙃 didn't watch the video as I had just woken up when I responded.

Try clearing your cache folder in your DP folder, and also the Dragoon folder in documents. If you still crash, make a ticket with your credentials and I will see if I can login with your character.

ivorycypher

Jun 11, 2023
Thank you!
I'll try that at home today, already tried logging through the launcher, both x86 and x64 multiple times; If it still doesn't work after that I'll also try reinstalling, if it's still scuffed then I'll send off the ticket :')

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Cache system kind of sucks for DP, and sometimes you'll get some corruption.

9/10 times crashes are due to being on an old patch, or because the cache corrupts itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks