Bug Report Solved Game crashes upon logging character

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivorycypher

Jun 11, 2023
Hi there!
Yesterday evening I logged out of my game as I usually do, then remembered I still wanted to do a quest that I almost forgot about, but when I tried to log back in, the game crashed when I tried to load my character. See the attached video for the crash, there is no error message nor any other kind of reason I would see for the crash.

If it matters in any kind of way, I was currently in Alentia in front of the Svarth Kingdom, tried to port to Arteicia via login screen once and also tried to run the game as admin or through a sandbox, neither worked. I'd appreciate if someone could tell me how to fix this so I can get back to my solo run soon! Thank you in advance 'v'

Video:

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Make sure your game is up to date, and then try to login again.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
didn't watch the video as I had just woken up when I responded.

Try clearing your cache folder in your DP folder, and also the Dragoon folder in documents. If you still crash, make a ticket with your credentials and I will see if I can login with your character.

ivorycypher

Jun 11, 2023
Thank you!
I'll try that at home today, already tried logging through the launcher, both x86 and x64 multiple times; If it still doesn't work after that I'll also try reinstalling, if it's still scuffed then I'll send off the ticket :')

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Cache system kind of sucks for DP, and sometimes you'll get some corruption.

9/10 times crashes are due to being on an old patch, or because the cache corrupts itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…