What's new

Dragon Preview Introducing: Atropus, the Baleful Shade

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Atropus-2.jpg

Here is the latest Dragon that Aiden has been working on: Atropus, the Baleful Shadow, a happy little accident of science Aiden made while showing Sovi techniques with textures. He takes inspiration from several different varieties of deadly nightshade.

Players who have Atropus will have either the title "Master of Shadow" or "Mistress of Shadow", depending on the gender of your character. Atropus will also scale with either Ferocity, Focus or Dragon Affinity once I make a final decision.

If you are interested in getting early previews on what Aiden is working on, or want to help support her to do dragons more often you can follow or support her Patreon here: https://www.patreon.com/user/posts?u=20328797

We have also started making some conversions of untameable Dragons, but those will be rolled out slowly over time or will be delayed until we come up with how we want to make them available in game.

Atropus-1.jpg

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
While we have been taking a break from releasing data updates, we have been working on converting some of the Dragons on the conversion wishlist, or at the very least looking at which ones can be converted. Aiden has also been playing with some of the unreleased textures of certain families, such as Phantom, so those will eventually make it into the game.

Aiden is also working on a new Sailfin model which we hope to have ready for preview for in the future.

For the unreleased textures, and the eventual Phantom textures from the contest, I do not know how many of them will be available to players yet. The primary focus currently has been getting the game translated and also working on source, so once I finally have some breathing room from that I will look into new ways of obtaining dragons, though it may be sometime after the source update.

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
The colours look fantastic, almost like they're glowing. Looking forward to it :D
Like with most of the Dragons Aiden does, screenshots won't do it full justice. This Dragon especially does not get the full feeling across through a screenshot; it uses a very dark glow emissive for the parts that do glow, and you just do not get that detail without seeing the actual movement and glow in game.

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Atropus is currently in Arteicia near the egg circle if you want to see it in game.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks