What's new

Announcement Removing the Xsolla payment option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
We will be removing the option to pay with Xsolla after this weekend. This has been a discussion between myself and @Stealth who deals with the company side of things since we re-enabled them. There are a few reasons why we are removing the option:
  1. They are extremely slow to pay out. While it is not as bad as we have experienced in the past where we waited months for a payout, it will sometimes takes weeks to months to get after our payout request to be completed. This is on top of the wait time for their minimal payout, so if it takes 3 months to meet that amount and it takes 2-3 more months after we can go 6 months without all the available funds needed to run the servers, or to pay staff for their work.
  2. We lose about 30% of all income by using them due to the percentage they take, and the percentage of the payment processor (depending on which one). This wouldn't be an issue if they provided a service we actually needed (like chargeback protection), but we have do not deal with those often, and due to how things are handled for purchases we rarely lose those anyways.
  3. They require a lot of paperwork that other providers do not require. Signing paperwork to get funds released potentially every month gets tiresome, especially when there is a lot going on or if @Stealth is travelling for his own business.
We are looking at a few alternatives, and will try to replace it soon. Paypal is honestly the best way to purchase due to how quick they are to process and due to cheaper fees.

FeliciDX

May 12, 2020
Yeah Seii, I totally agree with you.
I don't know how Xsolla works exactly, and to be honest, I don't even this brand.
But Paypal seems much more convenient to me, bc you can pay without even linking your credit card to the account, but instead buy value card and add them to the acc. That's a good way for those aren't really fond of online banking.

EiskalterEngel

May 12, 2020
Also Paypal nein mit ihnen haben Sie zu viel Ärger, aber Sie können es verstehen, wenn Sie dann ewig warten müssen, bis das Geld da ist, das Sie dann entfernen

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Also Paypal nein mit ihnen haben Sie zu viel Ärger, aber Sie können es verstehen, wenn Sie dann ewig warten müssen, bis das Geld da ist, das Sie dann entfernen

Paypal is the best option, as it makes the funds available immediately. The main issue we have been having with Xsolla is the very slow tedious process of getting them to release funds to us.
Hi Seiichi..

I understand your problem, but that was my only way to buy diamonds.

:(
We are looking at another solution (Mollie) which will support most of the EU options that Xsolla does. Another issue we would have is Xsolla does not have an option for when we upgrade our forum, and we would have to create one (which is a pain), while Mollie has a payment profile available for the upgrade to the forum.

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Xsolla will be removed as a payment option tonight, however we should hopefully have things ready to update the site and move to Mollie before Christmas if things go as planned.

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
We are currently awaiting the final approval for Mollie; I will be very busy between now and hopefully the week before Christmas to try to get everything ready so that we can update the site and make it ready so that people who do not use Paypal can purchase Platinum again.

OwnliE

Jun 23, 2020
We are currently awaiting the final approval for Mollie; I will be very busy between now and hopefully the week before Christmas to try to get everything ready so that we can update the site and make it ready so that people who do not use Paypal can purchase Platinum again.
Nice to hear, was working like a Bear the last Month so couldnt play a single Minute but now i wanna spend my Money and I DONT WANNA USE PAYPAL lol xD

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Nice to hear, was working like a Bear the last Month so couldnt play a single Minute but now i wanna spend my Money and I DONT WANNA USE PAYPAL lol xD
Honestly, Paypal is the best way to support us as they have the lowest fees, and they also provide the money immediately. Most other services will have minimum payout periods (in case of chargebacks) and have additional fees because they are just brokering between merchants and payment providers.

Arie

May 13, 2020
Hello GM

About the payment system .why can't we pay more via paysafe ? This is for many users and me the only way to bank, since we have no Paypal. Would be really great if you find a way that we also get the possibility of banking.

thank you very much your Arie

PS:Sry for my bad english

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Hello GM

About the payment system .why can't we pay more via paysafe ? This is for many users and me the only way to bank, since we have no Paypal. Would be really great if you find a way that we also get the possibility of banking.

thank you very much your Arie

PS:Sry for my bad english
As mentioned in the initial post, we've removed Xsolla (which provided Paysafe) and are waiting on approval from Mollie, which also offers Paysafe.

I am currently working on getting everything I can situated and tested on the site so that we can upgrade and start offering Mollie, and hopefully will do so before Christmas, or at least as soon as possible.

Ruhloser

May 13, 2020
Das ist gut wenn es klappt ^^
Ich würde auch gerne wieder das Spiel durch einige Käufe unterstützen habe aber das selbe Problem wie Arie ^^
Seiichi , je eher um so besser aber laßt euch nicht hetzen , nicht das es wie bei xsoller ein Verlustgeschäft wird ^^
Aber da habe ich großes Vertrauen in euch , ihr werdet es schon schaffen ^^

Einen schönen Tag noch
LG Ruhloser ^^

Englisch:
That's good if it works ^^
I would like to support the game again with some purchases but have the same problem as Arie ^^
Seiichi, the sooner the better but don't let yourself be rushed, not that it becomes a losing business like with xsoller ^^
But I have great confidence in you, you will make it ^^

Have a nice day
LG Ruhloser^^

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Das ist gut wenn es klappt ^^
Ich würde auch gerne wieder das Spiel durch einige Käufe unterstützen habe aber das selbe Problem wie Arie ^^
Seiichi , je eher um so besser aber laßt euch nicht hetzen , nicht das es wie bei xsoller ein Verlustgeschäft wird ^^
Aber da habe ich großes Vertrauen in euch , ihr werdet es schon schaffen ^^

Einen schönen Tag noch
LG Ruhloser ^^

Englisch:
That's good if it works ^^
I would like to support the game again with some purchases but have the same problem as Arie ^^
Seiichi, the sooner the better but don't let yourself be rushed, not that it becomes a losing business like with xsoller ^^
But I have great confidence in you, you will make it ^^

Have a nice day
LG Ruhloser^^
We are still waiting on Mollie to approve our account.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
We have not been approved by Mollie yet, so it will not be available for the sale; I will run a similar sale after Mollie has approved us, though depending on the time we may wait till the server Anniversary.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Mollie declined our approval because we are not in the EU, so we are going to look at a few other alternatives.

We may decide to go with a company that does not offer Paysafecard as that has been the main limiting factor for us so far. If we did not need to accept Paysafecard, we could just go with Braintree, which is owned by Paypal and would work in much the same way as Paypal does for us.

OwnliE

Jun 23, 2020
Mollie declined our approval because we are not in the EU, so we are going to look at a few other alternatives.

We may decide to go with a company that does not offer Paysafecard as that has been the main limiting factor for us so far. If we did not need to accept Paysafecard, we could just go with Braintree, which is owned by Paypal and would work in much the same way as Paypal does for us.
Oh wow thats god damn pain in the ass..... But shouldnt be a big Problem if something like a Directpayment is available so Ppl can easy pay via Onlinebanking. Paypal is limitting very much Ppl like me for no Reason thats the main problem with Paypal. At the Moment me and my whole Family and alot of my Friends dont use Paypal anymore because they dont accept our Bankaccounts for no Reason.... If u ask the Support what the problem behind this is they just tell u "Well were not sure, maybe u have just bad condoitions bla bla bla .." u know thats why Paypal is for pretty much Ppl out there just a huge pain. Paysafe would be the best and easiest Way to get Ppl an easy Way for Payment but as i said if an Onlinebanking alternative will be available there shouldnt be any Problem for the most Guys out there ^^

Ruhloser

May 13, 2020

Hmm das sind aber wirklich schlechte Nachrichten :-(
Ich muß OwnliE Recht geben , für sehr viele meiner Freund ist Paypal durch seine künstlich herbeigeführten Problem nicht nutzbar (auch für mich nicht) ! Ein Anbieter mit Paysafe wäre echt wünschenswert !
Das Mollie sich jetzt so albern hat ist mir ehrlich gesagt unverständlich , vielleicht haben die verantwortlichen von Mollie vergessen was Marktwirtschafft ist - keine Ahnung wie man so endstirnig sein kann . Überall wird darauf hin gearbeitet das die Menscheit auf der gesammten Welt zusammen wächst - besonders da wo es Financen und Kapital betrifft - und dann gibt es immer wieder solche Quertreiber . Naja nicht zu ändern aber eventuell gibt es noch andere Anbieter die Paysafe vertreiben ;-)

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Oh wow thats god damn pain in the ass..... But shouldnt be a big Problem if something like a Directpayment is available so Ppl can easy pay via Onlinebanking. Paypal is limitting very much Ppl like me for no Reason thats the main problem with Paypal. At the Moment me and my whole Family and alot of my Friends dont use Paypal anymore because they dont accept our Bankaccounts for no Reason.... If u ask the Support what the problem behind this is they just tell u "Well were not sure, maybe u have just bad condoitions bla bla bla .." u know thats why Paypal is for pretty much Ppl out there just a huge pain. Paysafe would be the best and easiest Way to get Ppl an easy Way for Payment but as i said if an Onlinebanking alternative will be available there shouldnt be any Problem for the most Guys out there ^^
The issue with Paysafe is the fee of 10-15%, and then the merchant fee on top.

Two solutions we're looking at offer it, though one solution is a lady resort for to high fees and penalties for chargebacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks