What's new

Announcement Translators Wanted

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
We have finished setting up the translation platform, and waiting only on uploading the existing Turkish language strings so that the majority of the Turkish translation will be complete. As such we are going to start looking for translators for the following languages:
  • Chinese (Traditional)/Taiwanese
  • Dutch
  • French
  • German
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Portuguese (Brazil); this is going to be needed from scratch.
  • Russian
  • Turkish
Every language except for Portuguese (Brazil) is based off of existing translations that just need the missing strings added from our English strings. The reason we are adding Portuguese (Brazil) and not any other language currently is because they have one of the larger populations on our server without their own language option. We will consider other languages, however it is dependent on a) there being people willing to translate and b) there being a large enough basis for there to be a translation.

If you wish to translate for any of the above languages you will need to fit the following criteria:
  • Have a decent understanding of English, as that is what you will be translating from. This is to mostly minimize the amount of questions being asked when translating.
  • You must have a strong understanding of the language you are translating to.
  • You must have a Discord account and have joined our Discord server: Join the AdeptGamer Discord Server!. This is required because we have a section on our Discord so that translators can ask me to verify any translations.
I will likely be a bit picky with who we choose to do our translations, as I am not going to choose people who are likely to purposely do bad translations, or deface the translation in anyway.

Currently there are between 1000 and 2000 strings (Probably around 10,000 and 20,000 words) that need to be translated for each language. For Portuguese the full translation is needed which is currently around 276,867 words and 1,366,601 strings. We will likely be needing strings translated once or twice a month with a varying number of strings/words needing to be translated.

If you would like to apply, join the Discord and message me directly and I will look at whether you fit the criteria or not.

Last edited:
  • Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
In future have more translate languages ??
Yes, however any other translation would have to be done from scratch and it is time consuming and tedious.

Tl shambles

May 25, 2020
Will the work details be announced soon, or will it only be told the chosen people?

Because I, (and i think a lot others) would like to know if its a "9 to 5 job" or 500 words per day minimum etc etc...will they get paid in diamonds :$ ?
If the details are not open source for everyone not helping, i would understand that

br

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Will the work details be announced soon, or will it only be told the chosen people?

Because I, (and i think a lot others) would like to know if its a "9 to 5 job" or 500 words per day minimum etc etc...will they get paid in diamonds :$ ?
If the details are not open source for everyone not helping, i would understand that

br
Here is a screenshot of what the current translation needs are per language:

upload_2020-7-17_6-12-1.png
Turkish will be similar to Russian or French/German for scope as we will be using the existing translation. The same goes for Italian and Dutch, which we have translations for apparently, though I do not know if it will be 1:1 to what we currently have.

As far as expectations, this is being treated entirely as voluntary work, and we will not be requiring minimum time per week. Now if someone has not helped in a month or longer they may end up being removed if they had not previously told us of inactivity, but that is more to make sure that only people who are actively translating have access to the information.

To begin with there will be more work, as there is a around a thousand strings or more per language that are not currently translated. Most of that however is not hard to translate, and some of it is filler.

After translations have caught up to English it will mostly be around 100 strings a month. When we start doing content, and get a large portion of content done it may be upwards to 1000 strings again, but we will not know until we get to that point.

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Okay so the Turkish client used the English translations for Dutch and Italian so there are no Dutch and Italian translations?

• Staff

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
here can be one or two polish translators :D
Translators need to have a fairly strong understanding of English to translate, otherwise you will have a lot of missing context and grammar.

We're also probably only doing 1-2 translators total for a project as Weblate has issues with multiple workers at once.

We are desperately in need of Turkish and Japanese translators.

EDIT: I've marked off the languages that no longer need translators.

Last edited:

gladx16

Mar 1, 2021
We have finished setting up the translation platform, and waiting only on uploading the existing Turkish language strings so that the majority of the Turkish translation will be complete. As such we are going to start looking for translators for the following languages:
  • Chinese (Traditional)/Taiwanese
  • Dutch
  • French
  • German
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Portuguese (Brazil); this is going to be needed from scratch.
  • Russian
  • Turkish
Every language except for Portuguese (Brazil) is based off of existing translations that just need the missing strings added from our English strings. The reason we are adding Portuguese (Brazil) and not any other language currently is because they have one of the larger populations on our server without their own language option. We will consider other languages, however it is dependent on a) there being people willing to translate and b) there being a large enough basis for there to be a translation.

If you wish to translate for any of the above languages you will need to fit the following criteria:
  • Have a decent understanding of English, as that is what you will be translating from. This is to mostly minimize the amount of questions being asked when translating.
  • You must have a strong understanding of the language you are translating to.
  • You must have a Discord account and have joined our Discord server: Join the AdeptGamer Discord Server!. This is required because we have a section on our Discord so that translators can ask me to verify any translations.
I will likely be a bit picky with who we choose to do our translations, as I am not going to choose people who are likely to purposely do bad translations, or deface the translation in anyway.

Currently there are between 1000 and 2000 strings (Probably around 10,000 and 20,000 words) that need to be translated for each language. For Portuguese the full translation is needed which is currently around 276,867 words and 1,366,601 strings. We will likely be needing strings translated once or twice a month with a varying number of strings/words needing to be translated.

If you would like to apply, join the Discord and message me directly and I will look at whether you fit the criteria or not.
Did you find a Turkish translator? When will the game support Turkish? I am having difficulty because I do not know English :D

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Did you find a Turkish translator? When will the game support Turkish? I am having difficulty because I do not know English :D
Soon hopefully, we're just having to decide on a platform to setup, and then look at making string importing easier before we look at doing translations again.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks